Router Forums banner

Remove Emtag from Dremel Router Cord

105K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  DesertRatTom 
#1 ·
Is this part of the tool or something like a mattress tag "do not remove under penalty of law", etc.?

#2 ·
Greetings William and welcome to the forum. That tag is just information for a purchaser once it is yours do as you please, same as a tag on the mattress. I just seem to leave them there cause I don't care one way or another as long as it doesn't get in the way. It is possible that the tag means more than that and if so someone will let us both know.

#4 ·
I left mine on. Light reading while glue dries.:jester:

Reactions: kp91 and mjadams61
#6 ·
General population or do they segregate you hardened criminals?
When you come up for parole be sure and be remorseful and swear you'll never do it again.:sarcastic:

Reactions: Herb Stoops
#33 ·
The EMtag is an Electronic Monitoring tag. This is to prevent shop lifting, just like the little rectangular tags in DVD packages. This is the only purpose it serves.
No that is not its use at all, the use of the emtag is for Dremal to trace the tool from its production to its end sale so they known how many are being sold and where and how long it took for said tool to be sold from its time of production. It helps Dremal know when and how many more to produce how fast to make another run.

#9 ·
No, wait!

I hope I've reached you in time: Tell me that you haven't removed the tag!!! :stop: :shout: :bad:

If you ever remove that, they come and take you to the happy place, then they take you up into alien spaceships and perform perverse sexual experiments on you, and finally they leave you naked in the woods ranting like a lunatic!

Ahem. Of course, I've only read about it. Nothing to do with me, no really.

Bob :laugh:

#11 ·
I hope I've reached you in time: Tell me that you haven't removed the tag!!! :stop: :shout: :bad:

If you ever remove that, they come and take you to the happy place, then they take you up into alien spaceships and perform perverse sexual experiments on you, and finally they leave you naked in the woods ranting like a lunatic!

Ahem. Of course, I've only read about it. Nothing to do with me, no really.

Bob :laugh:
It's a magnet. If the power goes out, have someone slide it up and down the cord very fast so you can keep working. :agree::jester: Tell them to keep it between 50 and 60 Hertz.

Or it's a dye pack. Wear something that needs to be dyed purple.

#13 ·
Welcome to the forum Libby. In the upper left corner of each post is a time signature. The last post before yours was August 30, 2013.

#14 ·
The tag on soft goods as mattresses and pillows can be removed- only by the end consumer. Like the warning tag on a hair dryer- Do not use in wet areas as bathtubs or showers. It's called CYA.
Funniest label- this was on a charcoal grill: Hot surface. Watch children and pets while burning.

#23 ·
cool...
proceed w/ bringing in 2016...
thanks Herb...

Reactions: jj777746
#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
I heard a congressman talk about removing the tag from a mattress like it was a criminal offense. The dummy didn't read the tag that said it can be removed by the consumer. Should have removed the congressman. I like the one on a hair dryer- Don't use in the bathtub or shower.

I'll probably be in prison with Mike. I like to defy authority and open the other end of the pudding box. Mike, do you snore?

Label on charcoal grill - Watch children and pets while burning. LOL

#30 ·
settle for guilty and you have everything covered...

Reactions: DaninVan
#31 ·
Enjoyed the comments so much I thought I'd join and note that if you search the interwebs for "patent 6589067" all of you spending time in prison for removing the tag will know who to go after when you get out 😁:alien::D

P.S. I'll be joining you soon as I'm about to remove mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.