Router Forums banner

Ways to Overcome Woodworker's Block

7K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  kp91 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Woodworking is a creative profession and when the inspiration is there, it can feel like you're on top of the world. But when the creative well runs dry, it's easy to be overcome by inertia. If you rely on woodworking to make a living, you don't have the luxury of waiting for inspiration to strike. It takes effort to get out of a creative rut and back into your groove. Here are a few tips to help get those creative juices flowing. Woodworker's Block
Read more here:
http://www.routerforums.com/articles/ways-to-overcome-woodworkers-block/

See less See more
#5 ·
She caught me too.

Its the old fashioned jewellery box with a ballerina folded under the lid and when you lift the lid she springs up and turns while music plays.

But then I have TWO grand daughters, Could you imagine what would happen if only one of them got a ballerina box?
Thats the next three months taken care of.

#10 ·
If the customers would quit bringing work I could insulate my shop for winter, it's getting cool here.

#11 ·
Insulation is a touchy subject for a couple of folks around here. I just couldn't work in my shop in winter without insulation. You just can't heat an un-insulated shop without running up a huge electric bill. And you're not supposed to wear long sleeves (jacket) around spinning blades. It won't take that long to put it in, you'll be happy you did.

#17 ·
I like to look for projects that have techniques or material I have never tried before. The instructables website can offer a lot of inspiration. Projects like this one

Concrete and Wood Slab Table

give you an idea of what is possible. Plus, the step by step instructions give you an idea that there isn't any reason you can't do it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.