Router Forums banner

HarborFreight 60" work bench

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Tempest 
#1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone in the community have experience with the HF 60" woodworkers bench? At $139, it sounds too good to be true. But, some HF stuff is a real bargain and of decent quality. If you have any experience with this product, I would appreciate the input.

TTG

#3 ·
I have one. It is a good hobby work table, but don't expect it to stand up to heavy duty jobs. It is worth the money but I would suggest that if you end up getting one to replace the drawer slides that come with it immediately before assembley. Trust me on this one.

#5 ·
I bought one for my young son to work on. Much better than a youth desk or "kids" work bench. I got it for $130 and am very happy with it. The drawers are just MDF and a little rough but they do work. I added a few extra screws to attach the drawer supports though.

The slides are not the best but I put some good grease on them before assembly and they work fine. Getting them to slide together is a little tough.

I had some laminate covered MDF laying around so I made a top out of this along with a splash and it's been great as a desk/project center for my son. I'd definitely buy it again at the lower price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.