billyjim billyjim is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Craftsman table saw, Craftsman miter saw, Craftsman router, Craftsman router table, Craftsman Drill Press, Bosch 4100 TS, Bosch Colt router, Bosch circular saw, Bosch jigsaw, Craftsman jig saw, Bosch ROS, Craftsman ROS, Dewalt 735 planner, Ridgid grinder, Ridgid drill and driver, Craftsman drill
- My Shop
- Our HOA finally changed the laws and is now permitting a shed. The maximum size they will allow is 8'x10' so that is what I built. I did put an 8x10 deck on it so I have a place to work. Still doesn't offer much space but my wife has taken over the garage so here I am.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I am 67, retired and looking to make sawdust. I don't have much experience so I see myself using this forum to get the benefit of everyone else's experience. I don't want to personally make every mistake in the book if I can avoid it.
- Columbus, Ohio
- golf, gardening, and joining discussion groups on the computer. My initial goals in woodworking are to make boxes and some cabinets. I don't have the room for a large shop, I share the garage with freezers, lawnmowers, etc, so I will probably never have a large, well equipped shop. On the other hand, I don't need much to make boxes.
- Favorite Router
- Craftsman and Bosch
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- a few
- First Name
- United States
|03:31 PM - DaninVan quoted billyjim in post Exactly! |
First impressions are critica...
|12:36 PM - billyjim quoted Daikusan in post Japanese Puzzle Box |
Bill, Is the one you saw thi...
|12:16 PM - billyjim quoted Gr8trim4u in post THis weeks work "Wainscot" |
THis is a new builder for me a...
|01:41 PM - Herb Stoops quoted billyjim in post THis weeks work "Wainscot" |
Very interesting. Is it norm...
|09:11 PM - Daikusan quoted billyjim in post Japanese Puzzle Box |
That is amazing. definitely ...
|10:13 AM - billyjim quoted CAD-Man in post Side rail hinges |
... for three pair. CAD-Man Either way they a...
|05:45 PM - billyjim quoted CAD-Man in post Side rail hinges |
... 3 pair for $89.97 CAD-Man Thanks Bruce. It...
|10:08 PM - Daikusan quoted billyjim in post Need some help with my new dust collector |
...for that matter. Billyjim, and coxhaus, here i...
|08:29 PM - billyjim quoted paduke in post Who built Shop Notes Router Lift? |
I like the design of the gu...
|09:17 PM - billyjim quoted JFPNCM in post Need some help with my new dust collector |
Tom has a key point in that...
|12:18 AM - schnewj quoted billyjim in post Plywood, the good stuff? |
Just bought a sheet of 3/4 BB...
|12:13 PM - billyjim quoted Herb Stoops in post DeWalt DW735X Sale |
@ CharleyL That is a good asse...
|11:48 AM - billyjim quoted mgmine in post Heating the garage... |
Your cheapest and best choi...
|10:50 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted billyjim in post Christmas came early |
Wow, awesome Christmas presen...
|07:47 PM - billyjim quoted MT Stringer in post What Would You Do? |
It's light rain and 57 deg...and...
|05:23 PM - JOAT quoted billyjim in post Veterans Day |
It was our job and I never ex...
|05:07 PM - billyjim quoted honesttjohn in post Veterans Day |
You're right Theo. Back in the d...
|01:30 PM - fire65 quoted billyjim in post Trimming a kitchen cabinet |
Clay, Brother in law actuall...
|10:53 AM - billyjim quoted Barry747 in post Cutting board problems, for change |
Update - stickering them didn...
|10:42 PM - billyjim quoted DesertRatTom in post Kreg Benchtop Table and a customer service story |
Smart company. Taking care of cu...