chessnut2 chessnut2 is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- I have mainly underpowered, outdated, and inaccurate benchtop tools, mostly Craftsman. Also a full size table saw and floor model drill press. Guess what brand. I inherited most of it from my Dad. He was a fan of Craftsman back when they made better tools.
- My Shop
- My shop, if you'll forgive the overstatement, is in part of my detached garage. The other 2/3 of the garage is full of furniture to be refinished, and a lot of other things that she may need some day. Being detached, it's not heated and I'm mainly out there in warm weather.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Not much to tell here. I grew up on a farm and went to work in a factory as soon as I was old enough. I spent 40 years there, with a lot of wishful thinking about going whole hog into woodworking when I would be able to retire. It hasn't worked out that way so far, but I'm getting a little better as time goes on.
- Louisville, KY
- My interests are woodworking (obviously), repairing and tweaking computers, and playing guitar and chess. I've been helping my son renovate his old house for a couple of years now. I did some homebuilding for a couple of years after I retired and liked it. But when the housing bubble burst, I could see that I was going to get stuck with unsold houses if I didn't get out quick, so that's what I did.
- Favorite Router
- Anything better than what I have.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- United States
- It seems I never finish what I
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- MT Born
- Registered User
- MT Born is offline
|04:02 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned chessnut2 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
chessnut2 Some time ago I wen...
|01:05 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned chessnut2 in post Table Saw Dust Collection Advice |
chessnut2 Hi, I have the 36 ...
|07:11 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned chessnut2 in post LED Bulb Question |
...to both of you.. chessnut2 I switched the fir...
|12:24 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned chessnut2 in post New painting, new frame |
...eat piece there. chessnut2 It is really just ...
|03:21 AM - Stick486 mentioned chessnut2 in post Happy Birthday chessnut2 |
Happy Birthday chessnut2.... Jim, it's yur da...
|11:22 PM - mftha mentioned chessnut2 in post A Song That Will Linger… |
...air in Paducah KY. chessnut2 generously invited t...
|02:36 PM - PhilBa mentioned chessnut2 in post Sketchup question about repeat action |
chessnut2. you might want to g...
|10:18 AM - difalkner quoted chessnut2 in post Small board storage rack |
Nice idea to put the dividers ...
|09:41 AM - chessnut2 quoted tomp913 in post Heavy duty mobile base |
I had planned to put the cab...
|01:11 PM - chessnut2 quoted tomp913 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
Yes she does, the better que...
|10:38 PM - tomp913 quoted chessnut2 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
That sounds so, so good. Does ...
|09:26 PM - chessnut2 quoted tomp913 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
It warmed up a little here i...
|08:35 PM - chessnut2 quoted jj777746 in post GIVEAWAY: Triton Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router TRA001 |
Begin with small ,easy to man...
|11:22 PM - jj777746 quoted chessnut2 in post Retractable Casters |
I just ran across this while l...
|01:22 AM - Herb Stoops quoted chessnut2 in post building two way drawers |
I just got this link from a fr...
|11:14 AM - chessnut2 quoted MT Stringer in post Face Frame jig? |
[QUOTE=MT Stringer;1469186]+1 Here is...
|08:03 PM - chessnut2 quoted DesertRatTom in post GIVEAWAY: Triton Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router TRA001 |
These are the 17+ things that rea...
|07:52 PM - chessnut2 quoted MT Stringer in post GIVEAWAY: Triton Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router TRA001 |
Read, understand, and follow the...
|08:36 PM - CharleyL quoted chessnut2 in post The things you find in drawers |
I had forgotten about the slot...
|10:27 AM - furboo quoted chessnut2 in post 6" to 4" reducer for dust collection |
Rob......I had forgotten about...
|10:01 AM - chessnut2 quoted furboo in post 6" to 4" reducer for dust collection |
I just remembered Ray's tri...
|11:34 AM - honesttjohn quoted chessnut2 in post Tried Scottart's suggestion |
Another really nice one, John....
|11:01 PM - jw2170 quoted chessnut2 in post Is it time to elect new Forum Contributors? |
Yes. One each year, and no cha...
|12:40 PM - honesttjohn quoted chessnut2 in post From samples |
I like those, John. Did you ha...
|11:48 AM - chessnut2 quoted Gaffboat in post Caliper recommendation |
I've been happy with one made...
|11:35 AM - chessnut2 quoted MEBCWD in post Quick tip for Speed Squares |
You can get 12" rafter squa...
|10:40 AM - chessnut2 quoted Daikusan in post TS Mishap |
WOW!! Herb, glad it was su...