chessnut2 chessnut2 is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- I have mainly underpowered, outdated, and inaccurate benchtop tools, mostly Craftsman. Also a full size table saw and floor model drill press. Guess what brand. I inherited most of it from my Dad. He was a fan of Craftsman back when they made better tools.
- My Shop
- My shop, if you'll forgive the overstatement, is in part of my detached garage. The other 2/3 of the garage is full of furniture to be refinished, and a lot of other things that she may need some day. Being detached, it's not heated and I'm mainly out there in warm weather.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Not much to tell here. I grew up on a farm and went to work in a factory as soon as I was old enough. I spent 40 years there, with a lot of wishful thinking about going whole hog into woodworking when I would be able to retire. It hasn't worked out that way so far, but I'm getting a little better as time goes on.
- Louisville, KY
- My interests are woodworking (obviously), repairing and tweaking computers, and playing guitar and chess. I've been helping my son renovate his old house for a couple of years now. I did some homebuilding for a couple of years after I retired and liked it. But when the housing bubble burst, I could see that I was going to get stuck with unsold houses if I didn't get out quick, so that's what I did.
- Favorite Router
- Anything better than what I have.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- United States
- It seems I never finish what I
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- MT Born
- Registered User
- MT Born is offline
|12:27 PM - Herb Stoops mentioned chessnut2 in post Clamps |
...that I used too. chessnut2 ,Jim, Yup those ar...
|06:51 PM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned chessnut2 in post Baby Steps In the Shop |
... time, I'm sure. chessnut2 I can't use the trac...
|10:50 AM - comp56 mentioned chessnut2 in post Urns Were Make.... |
...hanks everyone.... chessnut2 our local cremation ...
|09:35 AM - comp56 mentioned chessnut2 in post Broadcast Routing... |
...outing table area.. chessnut2 all I'm using is a $...
|07:06 PM - TwoSkies57 mentioned chessnut2 in post Cut-off cutting boards |
... how to do that? chessnut2 Thank you for the...
|03:02 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned chessnut2 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
chessnut2 Some time ago I wen...
|12:05 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned chessnut2 in post Table Saw Dust Collection Advice |
chessnut2 Hi, I have the 36 ...
|06:11 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned chessnut2 in post LED Bulb Question |
...to both of you.. chessnut2 I switched the fir...
|11:24 AM - DesertRatTom mentioned chessnut2 in post New painting, new frame |
...eat piece there. chessnut2 It is really just ...
|02:21 AM - Stick486 mentioned chessnut2 in post Happy Birthday chessnut2 |
Happy Birthday chessnut2.... Jim, it's yur da...
|10:22 PM - mftha mentioned chessnut2 in post A Song That Will Linger… |
...air in Paducah KY. chessnut2 generously invited t...
|01:36 PM - PhilBa mentioned chessnut2 in post Sketchup question about repeat action |
chessnut2. you might want to g...
|09:38 AM - chessnut2 quoted harrysin in post What a cock-up! |
I'm very happy with the inter...
|02:01 PM - chessnut2 quoted OutoftheWoodwork in post What's Wrong with This Picture? |
MT Stringer & chessnut2 I just need t...
|12:21 PM - chessnut2 quoted MT Stringer in post What's Wrong with This Picture? |
I think that is what the builder...
|12:16 PM - OutoftheWoodwork quoted chessnut2 in post What's Wrong with This Picture? |
Early morning coffee and the b...
|10:58 AM - chessnut2 quoted OutoftheWoodwork in post What's Wrong with This Picture? |
chessnut2, I'm keeping the deck, just...
|06:55 PM - chessnut2 quoted Herb Stoops in post OT: Home Depot |
I like my ACE Hardware best. Low...
|11:21 AM - Stick486 quoted chessnut2 in post Homemade tools |
I just clicked it, and it came...
|10:01 AM - chessnut2 quoted Stick486 in post Homemade tools |
link doesn't work... I jus...
|10:59 AM - honesttjohn quoted chessnut2 in post Deleted Posts |
|10:42 AM - honesttjohn quoted chessnut2 in post MT Stringer had an idea and ............ |
You always do such a good job ...
|09:47 AM - chessnut2 quoted DesertRatTom in post Dust Collection and a Compound Miter Saw |
Stick's idea works if there's eno...
|09:16 AM - bryansong quoted chessnut2 in post Joke a Day |
RETIREE TRYING TO RESET PASSWO...
|05:15 PM - papasombre quoted chessnut2 in post Mixing skills. |
Alexis, this is such a good id...
|11:53 PM - cocobolo1 quoted chessnut2 in post Joke a Day |
Yeah. It reminds me of being i...
|11:31 AM - chessnut2 quoted dwall174 in post Small dia. circle jig |
No not me, However I have tho...
|10:49 AM - RainMan 2.0 quoted chessnut2 in post Plywood sculptures |
Fascinating, Rick. I, too, lov...
|10:16 AM - chessnut2 quoted roofner in post I have an idea for a project for lattice trim on my deck |
My idea is to use French cle...
|09:20 AM - chessnut2 quoted DesertRatTom in post Delta 6" Jointer Facelift |
IYes, it would be nice to be able...
|08:28 AM - chessnut2 quoted kp91 in post Cross Cut Sled With Color..... |
Costco had 4 ft LED fixtu...
|11:53 AM - chessnut2 quoted Semipro in post Why is it a secret ?? |
Hello and welcome to the rou...