Daikusan Daikusan is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- My Shop
- My new shop is in a 13' X 13' shed with no dust collection, so I do everything outdoors; hence weather seriously affects my work. The shed houses my tools and a table saw and a couple tons of cherry wood. I have a teardown work bench that is beefy and sets up in a couple of minutes. My router table and miter saw and jigs are mounted to ¾" plywood and can be clamped to the top of the workbench. Im in the process of building a new router table.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I grew up in central Iowa and took woodworking in Jr and High School. Completed several project, helped build several houses, and a couple of major renovations by myself. I started using a router 15 years ago with an old Craftsman 1/4" Router (circa '70s) a hand-me-down from my dad. The router lasted trough many tough projects. The pulpit project pushed its limits with oversized bits and that likely was the ultimate demise of the router making Japanese lanterns. I now have 14A 2½ HP ½" Craftsman and another ¼" Craftsman.
All my routing projects have been in Japan. The Japanese bits are 6mm not the 6.35mm that the ¼" bits are. ¼" collets must be modified to hold the smaller Japanese bits. The purchase of several woodworking books led me to router books and ultimately this site. I still am an amateur at the router but I am looking forward to many new exciting projects with the beefier ½" router.
The Japanese word for an amateur woodworker is nichiyo daikusan, literally meaning Sunday only woodworker and hence my nickname Daikusan. That’s just a Japanese saying for a part time hobby, it doesn’t mean I do woodwork on Sundays; I don’t.
- Northern Japan
- 3 year ago I started hauling cherry trees to a band saw sawmill and am now drying the lumber. The first set is ready to be worked with.
- Favorite Router
- Craftsman and Makita
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- Workmanship is not perfection; it is how well you can cover your mistakes.
Showing Friends 1 to 6 of 6
|12:51 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Daikusan in post The truth and nothing but the truth |
...e next few days. Daikusan I just got mine set...
|10:45 AM - DesertRatTom mentioned Daikusan in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
...rsal addiction. Daikusan I don't enjoy gree...
|09:57 AM - DesertRatTom mentioned Daikusan in post Scraper burnisher? |
Daikusan Curious about the...
|09:21 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Daikusan in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
...ke that.:surprise: Daikusan rain Man 2.0 Thi...
|05:15 AM - Daikusan mentioned Gaffboat in post Japanese Puzzle Box |
... I think Oliver AKA Gaffboat should make one like...
|04:23 AM - jj777746 mentioned Daikusan in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
...y New Year everyone Daikusan Happy new year to yo...
|09:48 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Daikusan in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
...t was the truth. Daikusan We should all start...
|12:12 AM - Daikusan quoted Gaffboat in post A silly project for the shop |
Besides, sometimes you need t...
|06:40 AM - Daikusan quoted CharleyL in post Picked up a little package today |
When you make the hose and ba...
|07:01 AM - Daikusan quoted JFPNCM in post Cut my finger. |
A case where "better late t...
|06:54 AM - Daikusan quoted CharleyL in post Picnic Table Learning Project |
Nice picnic table. I'll bet i...
|11:08 AM - JFPNCM quoted Daikusan in post Cut my finger. |
I heard that right after I st...
|05:52 AM - Daikusan quoted williamm in post Picnic Table Learning Project |
Nice looking table, but I am ...
|05:06 AM - Daikusan quoted JFPNCM in post Cut my finger. |
One of the 1st lessons my G...
|05:00 AM - Daikusan quoted DesertRatTom in post Finally somethng new |
Nice, and, diplomatic at the same...
|06:46 PM - vchiarelli quoted Daikusan in post Cut my finger. |
A bullet proof vest will stop...
|04:17 PM - Daikusan quoted chessnut2 in post Is it just me? |
All these rabbit puns are maki...
|04:10 PM - Daikusan quoted difalkner in post Curly Maple and Walnut cross - Build thread |
|04:29 PM - Daikusan quoted DaninVan in post Voting for new Forum Contributors |
Having blamed the Russkies, i...
|04:25 PM - Daikusan quoted Cherryville Chuck in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
Somebody suggested to me once that the...
|03:18 PM - Daikusan quoted Ray Newman in post Picnic Table Learning Project |
Nice work. The table and sea...
|02:59 PM - MT Stringer quoted Daikusan in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
Have you tried using the new ...
|02:57 PM - Daikusan quoted MT Stringer in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
Making sawdust out of a perfectl...
|09:12 PM - jj777746 quoted Daikusan in post Use my last word .. first. |
Aliens, Live Long and Prosper...
|09:01 PM - Daikusan quoted Tonto1 in post Sawing Red Oak |
Hey Steve, that's a great i...
|09:28 PM - DesertRatTom quoted Daikusan in post Use my last word .. first. |
Krunch was Captain Crunch's f...
|10:50 AM - LDBecker quoted Daikusan in post Fix your planers snipe. |
Larry, Hope to see the pictu...