difalkner difalkner is online now
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- CNC router is here - 7/8/16! Powermatic Model 66 table saw, Model 54A jointer, Delta DJ-15 jointer (SOLD!), 1948 Oliver 159-A 8' lathe (still for sale!), Boice Crane 15" floor model drill press, 1944 Delta 24" scroll saw, DeWALT 6x48 belt 10" disc sander, 1950 King Seeley 12" bandsaw, SuperMax 19-38 drum sander with DRO, Laguna 14 SUV bandsaw, and various other tools like DeWALT miter saw, over arm router, etc.
- My Shop
- Like many, my shop is our two car garage and the focus is building acoustic guitars. My wife is an absolute Angel and fully supports me getting into building guitars or whatever I want in the shop so our cars stay outside and the tools/wood stay inside. The shop is 20'x20', well lit, and climate controlled. We're building it out as we have time around work schedules.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- My woodworking started as a young teenager and it just seems like I have always been into this. I've was a machinist, then into plastics (injection, blow, and rotational molding), and managed a refinishing/restoration business for a few years. Then in the mid 80's I started my own woodworking business building and designing custom furniture, refinishing, restorations, repairs, etc. At one point I had a partner and about 10 employees. It was a good business but I jumped off into an environmental service company as sales manager/IT manager and have been in the Technology Sales world ever since. But I kept some of my old tools from the Woodshop days. Now I'm gearing up to build acoustic guitars in my little home shop and having a blast resurrecting the old skills.
- Guitars, music, photography, cars
- Favorite Router
- Bosch is what I have now
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 45 years
- First Name
- United States
Nothing to do with woodworking at all, just our music at church (I'm the guy with the Koa Takamine) - Airline Baptist Church BC Songs
|10:43 AM - difalkner mentioned MT Stringer in post Badge display with inlay - Sapele, Maple |
For Mike MT Stringer - :wink: http://i...
|10:04 AM - doc7347 mentioned difalkner in post Beginner in CNC trying to decide on number of axes |
difalkner Thanks, I will go at...
|12:03 PM - doc7347 mentioned difalkner in post Beginner in CNC trying to decide on number of axes |
...nal"(?) routers. difalkner So the quick answ...
|11:34 AM - doc7347 mentioned difalkner in post Beginner in CNC trying to decide on number of axes |
...t am I looking at? difalkner I noticed that the S...
|09:07 PM - vchiarelli mentioned difalkner in post Wiring 12v pump for a CNC table |
...ng this: Scottart difalkner 4DThinker thes...
|04:36 PM - vchiarelli mentioned difalkner in post Hi Newbie from UK! |
...ormation. I'm sure difalkner will see your intro ...
|09:32 AM - Nickp mentioned difalkner in post Ole Arn is good for your health... |
Inspired by difalkner Dave to clean up som...
|09:29 AM - Nickp mentioned difalkner in post |
|09:28 AM - Nickp mentioned difalkner in post |
|06:49 PM - TwoSkies57 mentioned difalkner in post Cut-off cutting boards |
...ersions. David difalkner Thank you sir... kin...
|04:57 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
difalkner David: I noticed y...
|11:40 AM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
difalkner vchiarelli David...
|10:29 PM - difalkner mentioned Stick486 in post Restoration on a couple of rusted jonters |
...:wink:). I believe Stick486 made a PDF of the el...
|03:39 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
vchiarelli difalkner Vince, David: Ap...
|11:08 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
difalkner A couple of questio...
|09:58 AM - kp91 mentioned difalkner in post Maintenance in general |
...and do that? Nice. difalkner- the shop is unlocke...
|12:42 PM - MEBCWD mentioned difalkner in post Is it time to elect new Forum Contributors? |
... don't forget David difalkner when you are nominat...
|01:57 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Post Christmas cutting boards |
difalkner David: Is your wif...
|11:42 AM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Sawing Walnut logs |
difalkner My guess would be t...
|09:14 AM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Sawing Walnut logs |
difalkner Might I ask from wh...
|06:36 PM - beltramidave quoted difalkner in post Fish carving |
Nicely done, Dave! How long d...
|05:19 PM - Scottart quoted difalkner in post Making a nice living with CNC |
Great info, Scott. What are y...
|12:47 PM - difalkner quoted Knothead47 in post Award for Air Base |
BAFB? Barksdale AFB, Bossier C...
|09:51 PM - difalkner quoted MT Stringer in post Badge display with inlay - Sapele, Maple |
Looks good. I vote for 14 deg. a...
|11:22 AM - difalkner quoted MEBCWD in post Badge display with inlay - Sapele, Maple |
That's really neat David . ...
|08:50 AM - MEBCWD quoted difalkner in post Badge display with inlay - Sapele, Maple |
His name will be engraved abov...
|07:40 PM - difalkner quoted okie GW in post First time venerring |
Dang auto correct Burled Wal...
|05:36 PM - JOAT quoted difalkner in post Award for Air Base |
Thanks, Theo! BAFB has a hobb...
|02:29 PM - chuckgray quoted difalkner in post Stuff I've Been Working On |
Make the railing out of Raw Hi...
|07:58 AM - chuckgray quoted difalkner in post Stuff I've Been Working On |
Very nice looking, Chuck! I l...
|06:41 AM - difalkner quoted DesertRatTom in post Award for Air Base |
Pretty darn good for rattle can p...
|06:41 AM - difalkner quoted JOAT in post Award for Air Base |
Pretty darn good for ratt...
|06:38 AM - difalkner quoted MT Stringer in post My Journey into CNC Routing |
I haven't decided. I don't see w...
|09:53 PM - MT Stringer quoted difalkner in post My Journey into CNC Routing |
Are you planning to surface it...
|09:22 PM - difalkner quoted MT Stringer in post My Journey into CNC Routing |
Next plan of action. I screwed s...
|02:12 PM - vchiarelli quoted difalkner in post I didn't understand a single word... |
I understand about 90% of what...
|01:56 PM - difalkner quoted MT Stringer in post I didn't understand a single word... |
But the video contains some good...
|12:08 AM - RainMan 2.0 quoted difalkner in post My Journey into CNC Routing |
What a tease!! David Ya ...
|10:17 AM - DesertRatTom quoted difalkner in post Making a nice living with CNC |
And to take it a step further,...
|07:15 AM - difalkner quoted JFPNCM in post Improper bandsaw use - PSA |
As a new bandsaw user I def...