difalkner difalkner is online now
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- CNC router is here - 7/8/16! Powermatic Model 66 table saw, Model 54A jointer, Delta DJ-15 jointer (SOLD!), 1948 Oliver 159-A 8' lathe (still for sale!), Boice Crane 15" floor model drill press, 1944 Delta 24" scroll saw, DeWALT 6x48 belt 10" disc sander, 1950 King Seeley 12" bandsaw, SuperMax 19-38 drum sander with DRO, Laguna 14 SUV bandsaw, and various other tools like DeWALT miter saw, over arm router, etc.
- My Shop
- Like many, my shop is our two car garage and the focus is building acoustic guitars. My wife is an absolute Angel and fully supports me getting into building guitars or whatever I want in the shop so our cars stay outside and the tools/wood stay inside. The shop is 20'x20', well lit, and climate controlled. We're building it out as we have time around work schedules.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- My woodworking started as a young teenager and it just seems like I have always been into this. I've was a machinist, then into plastics (injection, blow, and rotational molding), and managed a refinishing/restoration business for a few years. Then in the mid 80's I started my own woodworking business building and designing custom furniture, refinishing, restorations, repairs, etc. At one point I had a partner and about 10 employees. It was a good business but I jumped off into an environmental service company as sales manager/IT manager and have been in the Technology Sales world ever since. But I kept some of my old tools from the Woodshop days. Now I'm gearing up to build acoustic guitars in my little home shop and having a blast resurrecting the old skills.
- Guitars, music, photography, cars
- Favorite Router
- Bosch is what I have now
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 45 years
- First Name
- United States
Nothing to do with woodworking at all, just our music at church (I'm the guy with the Koa Takamine) - Airline Baptist Church BC Songs
|04:36 PM - vchiarelli mentioned difalkner in post Hi Newbie from UK! |
...ormation. I'm sure difalkner will see your intro ...
|09:32 AM - Nickp mentioned difalkner in post Ole Arn is good for your health... |
Inspired by difalkner Dave to clean up som...
|09:29 AM - Nickp mentioned difalkner in post |
|09:28 AM - Nickp mentioned difalkner in post |
|06:49 PM - TwoSkies57 mentioned difalkner in post Cut-off cutting boards |
...ersions. David difalkner Thank you sir... kin...
|04:57 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
difalkner David: I noticed y...
|11:40 AM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
difalkner vchiarelli David...
|10:29 PM - difalkner mentioned Stick486 in post Restoration on a couple of rusted jonters |
...:wink:). I believe Stick486 made a PDF of the el...
|03:39 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
vchiarelli difalkner Vince, David: Ap...
|11:08 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
difalkner A couple of questio...
|09:58 AM - kp91 mentioned difalkner in post Maintenance in general |
...and do that? Nice. difalkner- the shop is unlocke...
|12:42 PM - MEBCWD mentioned difalkner in post Is it time to elect new Forum Contributors? |
... don't forget David difalkner when you are nominat...
|01:57 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Post Christmas cutting boards |
difalkner David: Is your wif...
|11:42 AM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Sawing Walnut logs |
difalkner My guess would be t...
|09:14 AM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Sawing Walnut logs |
difalkner Might I ask from wh...
|10:14 PM - Stick486 mentioned difalkner in post Electrolysis rust removal |
difalkner... this show and te...
|09:25 PM - MT Stringer quoted difalkner in post Welcome to CNC 101 |
About 140 miles, Mike. A prov...
|08:39 PM - difalkner quoted MT Stringer in post Welcome to CNC 101 |
My wife's cousins are having a f...
|07:27 PM - MT Stringer quoted difalkner in post Welcome to CNC 101 |
Are you getting anywhere near ...
|06:47 PM - difalkner quoted MT Stringer in post Welcome to CNC 101 |
I guess I can check it out next ...
|06:52 AM - difalkner quoted hawkeye10 in post Wall Mount Shop Vac |
As far as the Harbor Freight 2...
|06:49 PM - difalkner quoted TwoSkies57 in post Curly Maple and Walnut cross - Build thread |
David... take pride in your wor...
|06:49 PM - difalkner quoted Tonto1 in post Curly Maple and Walnut cross - Build thread |
David... take pride in your...
|06:26 AM - difalkner quoted 4DThinker in post end mills for cutting 2 inch stock |
When I run into a need to cut ...
|04:10 PM - Daikusan quoted difalkner in post Curly Maple and Walnut cross - Build thread |
|09:00 PM - difalkner quoted vchiarelli in post Curly Maple and Walnut cross - Build thread |
Thank goodness you fixed that r...
|09:48 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted difalkner in post Computer to run CNC router table |
This is easy, Rick, when you a...
|08:53 AM - difalkner quoted RainMan 2.0 in post Computer to run CNC router table |
Well I thought I was paying atte...
|11:04 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted difalkner in post Computer to run CNC router table |
That's one reason I went with ...
|07:14 AM - hawkeye10 quoted difalkner in post Router for Inlay Work |
What are you inlaying and how ...
|06:53 AM - beltramidave quoted difalkner in post Computer to run CNC router table |
Yes, they are 14mm - good memo...
|09:44 PM - difalkner quoted RainMan 2.0 in post Computer to run CNC router table |
12mm? Dave are you running Nema ...
|08:01 PM - difalkner quoted RainMan 2.0 in post Acoustic guitar - neck joint fixture |
Very impressive system David . I...
|01:25 PM - difalkner quoted Woodmano in post Acoustic guitar - neck joint fixture |
Excellent! Can you share with...
|08:42 AM - difalkner quoted vchiarelli in post Is That Robertson or Philips? |
Reminds me of this from a DIY i...
|08:42 AM - difalkner quoted AndyL in post Is That Robertson or Philips? |
Reminds me of this from a ...