difalkner difalkner is online now
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- CNC router is here - 7/8/16! Powermatic Model 66 table saw, Model 54A jointer, Delta DJ-15 jointer (SOLD!), 1948 Oliver 159-A 8' lathe (still for sale!), Boice Crane 15" floor model drill press, 1944 Delta 24" scroll saw, DeWALT 6x48 belt 10" disc sander, 1950 King Seeley 12" bandsaw, SuperMax 19-38 drum sander with DRO, Laguna 14 SUV bandsaw, and various other tools like DeWALT miter saw, over arm router, etc.
- My Shop
- Like many, my shop is our two car garage and the focus is building acoustic guitars. My wife is an absolute Angel and fully supports me getting into building guitars or whatever I want in the shop so our cars stay outside and the tools/wood stay inside. The shop is 20'x20', well lit, and climate controlled. We're building it out as we have time around work schedules.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- My woodworking started as a young teenager and it just seems like I have always been into this. I've was a machinist, then into plastics (injection, blow, and rotational molding), and managed a refinishing/restoration business for a few years. Then in the mid 80's I started my own woodworking business building and designing custom furniture, refinishing, restorations, repairs, etc. At one point I had a partner and about 10 employees. It was a good business but I jumped off into an environmental service company as sales manager/IT manager and have been in the Technology Sales world ever since. But I kept some of my old tools from the Woodshop days. Now I'm gearing up to build acoustic guitars in my little home shop and having a blast resurrecting the old skills.
- Guitars, music, photography, cars
- Favorite Router
- Bosch is what I have now
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 45 years
- First Name
- United States
Nothing to do with woodworking at all, just our music at church (I'm the guy with the Koa Takamine) - Airline Baptist Church BC Songs
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Registered User
- MEBCWD is offline
|01:42 PM - MEBCWD mentioned difalkner in post Is it time to elect new Forum Contributors? |
... don't forget David difalkner when you are nominat...
|02:57 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Post Christmas cutting boards |
difalkner David: Is your wif...
|12:42 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Sawing Walnut logs |
difalkner My guess would be t...
|10:14 AM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Sawing Walnut logs |
difalkner Might I ask from wh...
|11:14 PM - Stick486 mentioned difalkner in post Electrolysis rust removal |
difalkner... this show and te...
|08:43 AM - difalkner quoted Daikusan in post 18" Walnut Lazy Susan |
Nice, how was church? Fant...
|12:00 PM - MEBCWD quoted difalkner in post Small board storage rack |
Thanks, Steve! Our two-car ga...
|10:18 AM - difalkner quoted chessnut2 in post Small board storage rack |
Nice idea to put the dividers ...
|07:33 AM - difalkner quoted Daikusan in post Small board storage rack |
Nice project Dave. You have ...
|10:54 AM - The Hobbyist quoted difalkner in post A HDU sign |
That looks great, Joe! It's s...
|11:54 PM - difalkner quoted Tonto1 in post Posting lag? |
I find that when I post a r...
|03:23 PM - MT Stringer quoted difalkner in post Haley's Dressing Table |
Those look nice, too, Mike. A...
|04:04 PM - Herb Stoops quoted difalkner in post Love Hate relationship with Bosch 1716 evs |
I had the same issue with mine...
|11:53 AM - Cherryville Chuck quoted difalkner in post Nominations for new Forum Contributors |
Is there a list of the current...
|03:27 AM - jj777746 quoted difalkner in post Advice on end table top construction |
I have a small piece of Brazil...
|08:12 PM - difalkner quoted hawkeye10 in post Making a downdraft sanding box |
Dave is yours hooked up to a s...
|03:31 PM - hawkeye10 quoted difalkner in post Making a downdraft sanding box |
Thanks, Mike! I am actually c...
|01:44 PM - difalkner quoted MEBCWD in post Making a downdraft sanding box |
Dave that is another good v...
|12:56 PM - MEBCWD quoted difalkner in post Advice on end table top construction |
I have a small piece of Brazil...
|06:55 AM - difalkner quoted hawkeye10 in post Making a downdraft sanding box |
Great post Dave. I am getting ...
|02:35 PM - difalkner quoted stanzee in post B-52 Tail shaped Walnut cutting board |
Thanks for the memory David....
|11:59 AM - stanzee quoted difalkner in post B-52 Tail shaped Walnut cutting board |
LOL! Thanks, Gene! Then I cl...
|09:29 AM - honesttjohn quoted difalkner in post Before and after |
Very nice, John! All CNC or d...
|08:19 AM - difalkner quoted hawkeye10 in post B-52 Tail shaped Walnut cutting board |
Great video David and a really...
|03:40 PM - MEBCWD quoted difalkner in post Joints (Woodworking) |
Like I said earlier - easier t...