jerrag jerrag is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Craftsman Bench mount table router, Skill hand router, Black and Decker power saw in a folding black and Decker table, Cheepy skill saw, old bench mount electric drill press from my GunSmithing days; Cheepy band saw -three wheel with 1/4 inch wood blade, blade jumps off about every three uses as it has a nearly flat wheel and I can't find a replacement, it was a hand me down from my brother-in-law - A ton of mechanic's tools from my early days as a shade tree auto mechanic pre-computerized car days (spent a year at Canby Vo_Tec after I got out of the Army) A few cordless drills, various makes. A couple of power sanders, one belt/disk sander from my gunsmith days. Power grinder from my gunsmith days but works for sharpening my hand tools.
- My Shop
- Old Garage with a dirt floor and no heat, only power is from a drop cord I strung from the house to the garage overhead, then plugged into a power strip, this I plug in to a florsent light and an old yardlight with two spot lights for both heat and light in cold weather, and plug in my power tools, not the safest setup but it does serve as I only use the lights and one power tool at once, Oh and an old transister radio that I picked up back when you needed shortwave radio to hear world news (pre internet you know).
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Greetings, I am from South Dakota, have lived and worked in both North and South Dakota as a police officer for about twenty years, about twelve years ago an accident put me on the totally disabled list, and I found myself on Social Security and a bit from Workers Comp every month. This from North Dakota. Well when the Doctors told me I could no longer work, I figured I would rather no longer work in my home town so I moved back home to South Dakota and have lived here ever since. I am a veteran of the Vietnam war and served 8 years in the Army. Now I play with computers most of the time, and have just in the past few years become intrested in woodworking. This is a sort of natural extension as I used to be a part time gunsmith and worked on guns both wood and steel for ten years, and hold one of those degrees you get off the back of a matchbook, well I did the work and did the study so I guess the degree is real. I also have a degree from a real college thanks to ND Workers Comp for sending me to two years of study to be a paralegal, the college was a blast, however when I graduated nobody really wanted to hire a nearly sixty year old new grad. At any rate when the weather is right I go out to my old dirt floor garage and play with my two routers, one mounted in a Craftsman mini table, the other a hand held Skill, wife got me the table with a broken router in it at a garage sale, I took apart the Craftsman Router and found that it wasn't really broken after all, just stuck, after releasing the collet lock it works great, as does the Skill, well the Skill has been out of the box since it was new, but I was the one who took it out, but never turned it on. Wife got me one of those boxes of misc. router bits made in China I think, and I have used a couple of them on the bench mount router to make some slats for my daughters broken yard bench, she enjoys the bench, I enjoyed playing with the router, and I think I will enjoy it again next spring when that blasted white crap is gone. When I am not playing on my computer or with my power tools (I also have an old cheep band saw my brother in law gave me and a make-shift table saw, one that is a power saw mounted in a Black and Decker saw/router table I picked up at a dead man's yard sale.) I write (as you may be able to tell from my rambling post) and have had several short stories published, one even made it into an anthology of time tralvel sci-fi book a few years back.
- Lemmon, South Dakota
- Build and fix my and my neighbors computers; used to build and fix my own guns; write; ***** about politcs a lot!
- Favorite Router
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- United States
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Forum Contributor
Send an Instant Message to jerrag Using...