mgmine mgmine is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Of course a router set up permanently on a large table. A Delta Unisaw, a second 10" Craftsman table saw that I use as a back up in case I need to keep certain settings. A compound 12" miter saw, 16" Delta scroll saw (really hate it) update sold the Delta and now have the Excalibur EX 21. A Dewalt 735 planer,
Rikon 14" Deluxe band saw with a Carter stabilizer, Rikon 36" belt/disc sander. Delta 46-460 midi lathe along with 5 EZ wood turning chisels as well as a bucket of standard chisels, a Powermatic 3520B "mustard monster" Dayton 8" grinder with a D-Way CBN wheel, Kreg pocket hole jig, Fein Multimaster, Incra original jig, Incra 1000 miter gauge, Delta dust collector as well as a Delta dust handler that hangs on the ceiling and every hand tool known to man kind. Tools that I seldom if ever use. A 6" Jet jointer, and a Craftsman router crafter.
- My Shop
- My shop is set up in the basement of my 180 year old stone house. It's 30 feet long and 25 feet wide. That sounds like a lot but I'm always moving stuff around in order to make room.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I'm retired and love it! I spend a lot of time just doing "stuff" I have been doing woodworking for as long as I can remember dating all the way back to shop class in grade school. A lot of the things I make come from pictures in catalogs. I'm not good at designing but pretty good at copying what I see. Besides woodworking I also do remodeling, plumbing, electrical, plastering etc. When not doing those things I can be found wrench turning on my 1957 MGA. I also geocache, fish and just about anything else outdoors.
- LeRoy NY
- Favorite Router
- Hitachi MV12 I have two of them. For 1/4" I use a cheap Craftsman
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- United States
|10:24 AM - DesertRatTom mentioned mgmine in post It was going also well until... |
mgmine I agree on using a...
|12:35 AM - bdbailey mentioned mgmine in post Miter Saw or Table Saw |
...lly too expensive. mgmine Wow! $100 is somethi...
|01:53 PM - bdbailey mentioned mgmine in post Advice to a newbie |
...Glad to be here. mgmine Thanks! Perhaps we c...
|11:02 AM - adot45 mentioned mgmine in post How to route a 1/4" x 1/4" groove in this base. |
...s, Thank You both. mgmine Even easier if I kne...
|01:40 AM - Chris Hachet quoted mgmine in post Thinking About A Dedicated Band Saw... |
Why not just get a good scr...
|10:36 AM - Jack Wilson quoted mgmine in post Thinking About A Dedicated Band Saw... |
Why not just get a good scr...
|11:48 AM - billyjim quoted mgmine in post Heating the garage... |
Your cheapest and best choi...
|10:50 AM - DesertRatTom quoted mgmine in post Heating the garage... |
...As for the hot water hea...
|09:15 AM - mgmine quoted Bushwhacker in post Best Clamps To Buy? |
I see that you have lots of help...
|10:13 AM - bryansong quoted mgmine in post I could use a little help with a project |
Shift it all the way to one...
|08:26 AM - mgmine quoted Stick486 in post More sliding fence box joint issues |
I gotta disagree w/ you both....
|11:42 AM - DesertRatTom quoted mgmine in post HELP! Jig for lap joints on end of boards? |
Why not pocket holes instea...
|09:40 PM - MT Stringer quoted mgmine in post Trudi and Archie's Rental Duplex |
When you build the cupboard...
|11:17 AM - kp91 quoted mgmine in post need help fixing a drum sander |
Did you ask in the vintage ...
|09:12 AM - mgmine quoted Drosner in post Tabletop - build or buy for Jessem lift? |
I'm stuck on having a long r...
|09:29 AM - mgmine quoted honesttjohn in post Miter Saw or Table Saw |
There are Craftsman saws startin...
|08:41 AM - mgmine quoted Drosner in post Tenons on long rails (boards) |
Problem with TS is the lengt...
|12:03 AM - RainMan 2.0 quoted mgmine in post Pass word hassle |
What a hassle trying to cha...
|10:48 AM - hawkeye10 quoted mgmine in post Feather boards; Buy or make? |
I buy them I find that they...
|11:14 AM - Stick486 quoted mgmine in post no melamine |
Home Depot sells shelving i...
|11:25 AM - JIMMIEM quoted mgmine in post Wall Cabinet Design Help |
I wouldn't be concerned wit...
|02:33 AM - bcfunburst quoted mgmine in post Jerry's Disappointment |
I used a lock bit once and ...
|11:55 AM - RBreland quoted mgmine in post Not A Math Wiz |
I ask my phone. If you phra...
|02:56 PM - Herb Stoops quoted mgmine in post Delta 14 inch Bandsaw (riser) uprising, wanna join? |
I put that riser on a Rig...