MikeMa MikeMa is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Table Saw Old Craftsman Contractor's saw. Needs a better fence, but otherwise performs great. Updated - Added new fence to the saw, as well as new shop made wings, and a couple safety upgrades. New freud blade. This thing cuts like a champ!
Router #1 Bosch 1617EVSPK. Have a shop built router table to go with it
Router #2 Bosch 1617EVSPK. Used for hand work
Router #3 Craftsman 75th Aniversary Edition. My first router. I keep a flush trim bit on this one.
Router #4 - Craftsman rotary tool. Not really good for wood working, but is great on dry wall.
Band Saw - 14" Grizzly G0555P
Scroll Saw - 16inch Craftsman, gift from my Dad, I don't use it too much.
Miter Saw - 10" Craftsman. Would love to get a 12" slider some day. :)
Joiner - 6" Grizzly floor model
Planer - Dewalt 734.
Drill #1 - Craftsman corded drill. Use mainly for pocket holes.
Drill #2 - 18V B&D Firestorm old version. - Retired due to batteries being no longer available
Drill #3 - 18V B&D Firestorm new version. It was cheaper to buy a new drill then to replace the batteries. Plus you can't have too many drills. :)- Retired due to batteries being no longer available
Drill #4 - 12V Bosch drill - My go to drill
Drill #5 - 18V Bosch drill
Drill #6 - 18V Bosch impact driver
Drill Press #1 - Craftsman bench top
Drill Press #2 - Grizzly floor model
Circular Saw #1 - Craftsman 75th Edition
Circular Saw #2 - 18V B&D Firestorm - POS - Retired due to batteries being no longer available
Dremel - Actually it is a Craftsman clone from many many years ago. My first power tool that my parents gave to me while I was still in high school.
Tile wet saw - MK Diamond, it looks like a small table saw.
Dust Collection #1 - Rikon - Hoping to phase this out with piping to primary Dust Collect
Dust Collection #2 - Harbor Freight 2HP - One of HF's gems. Gradually piping my shop so all stationary tools are connected
Dust Collection #3 - 12 Gallon Craftsman Shop Vac - Put 1 micron filter, as well as filter bag. I also added a variable speed control and an auto-start. This is dedicated for my sanding operations, and works great
Dust Collection #4 - 16 Gallon Craftsman Shop Vac - Used for general clean-up
Sander #1 - Porter Cable ROS - Retired
Sander #2 - Craftsman Pro Belt Sander
Sander #3 - Black & Decker 1/4" sheet sander - Needs replaced
Sander #4 - Bosch ROS
Sander #5 - Festool Pro 5 ROS
Station Sander #1 - Rigid Oscillating Sander
Jig Saw #1 - Black & Decker - Retired
Jig Saw #2 - Bosch
Air - PC compressor and nail gun kit.
Reciprocating Saw - Craftsman
Bench Grinder - GMC need to upgrade
Lathe - Delta
Air Cleaner - Grizzly Ceiling Mount
- My Shop
- My shop is in my garage. It is a two car garage that hasn't had a car parked in it in MANY years. I currently have two workbenches. The first came from my Dad when he moved into a smaller house. This is also where my drill press, lathe, and anvil vice are bolted too. My second bench is what used to be my tool bench, but was recently repurposed. It is now my outfeed table for my table saw, and my assembly table. Most of them time, this is where I am working. The machines that were on it have either been replaced or are in a better location. I am always modifying this bench. :) It also stores my scroll saw, and various other tools. I have three cabinets. Two large floor cabinets that came from Dad as well. One stores most of my woodworking hand power tools and supplies. I also built a hand tool cabinet that hangs on the wall for all my hand tools.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- My day job is working for a hospital system as an I.T. Project Manager. Woodworking has been an on and off (more on lately) since I took my first shop class in Jr. High.
- Centerville, OH
- Family life, Wood working, Computers
- Favorite Router
- Bosch 16176 EVSPCK
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 7-8 Years as a serious hobby, since Middle school off and on
- First Name
- United States
Visit my woodworking blog: http://madermadeit.com/
- Total Posts: 853
- Posts Per Day: 0.22
- Last Post: Considering Designing Your Own Tool Storage System? 05-26-2017 01:25 PM
- Find all posts by MikeMa
- Find all threads started by MikeMa
- Last Activity: 05-26-2017 03:16 PM
- Join Date: 07-27-2006
- Referrals: 1
- Home Page
- This Page
|10:55 AM - vchiarelli mentioned MikeMa in post Considering Designing Your Own Tool Storage System? |
MikeMa Mike - wondering abo...
|02:38 AM - doc7347 mentioned MikeMa in post Beginner in CNC trying to decide on number of axes |
MikeMa Thanks for the inpu...
|11:34 AM - doc7347 mentioned MikeMa in post Beginner in CNC trying to decide on number of axes |
MikeMa If I were to hop int...
|06:14 PM - vchiarelli mentioned MikeMa in post Worn push blocks. |
MikeMa hawkeye10 I was env...
|09:37 PM - Stick486 mentioned MikeMa in post Happy Birthday MikeMa |
Happy Birthday MikeMa,,, best to ya on yu...
|05:42 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned MikeMa in post Cheapest I've Seen Any Festool |
MikeMa Too bad some of us...
|08:15 PM - Stick486 mentioned MikeMa in post Happy Birthday MikeMa |
MikeMa... Happy B'day Mike...
|11:49 AM - PhilBa mentioned MikeMa in post Another reason to hate saw stop. |
...nt litigator... MikeMa, yeah, that was why....
|05:04 PM - difalkner quoted MikeMa in post OT: Home Depot |
I mostly go to Lowes. I wo...
|01:34 PM - Cricket quoted MikeMa in post some items don't want to work. |
It appears this resolved th...
|01:31 PM - Cricket quoted MikeMa in post some items don't want to work. |
No, not on a VPN. Just t...
|01:25 PM - Cricket quoted MikeMa in post some items don't want to work. |
Google in their infinite wi...
|10:56 AM - Cricket quoted MikeMa in post some items don't want to work. |
I have been having these is...
|11:43 AM - MikeMa quoted doc7347 in post Beginner in CNC trying to decide on number of axes |
I think I know what a 3-axis...
|11:28 AM - doc7347 quoted MikeMa in post Beginner in CNC trying to decide on number of axes |
look at one of the higher e...
|10:41 AM - MikeMa quoted doc7347 in post Beginner in CNC trying to decide on number of axes |
MikeMa If I were to hop int...
|01:27 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted MikeMa in post Computer to run CNC router table |
I am in the very beginning ...
|10:58 AM - MikeMa quoted Belg in post Woodpeckers Precision Router Lift V2 QUESTION |
Mike, thank you for your ...
|10:55 AM - kp91 quoted MikeMa in post Computer to run CNC router table |
I am going to put a new dri...
|04:01 PM - honesttjohn quoted MikeMa in post Is it Fixable????? |
Check the pulley on the saw...
|11:36 AM - MikeMa quoted vchiarelli in post Worn push blocks. |
Why is the GRRip Block not usea...
|02:11 PM - MEBCWD quoted MikeMa in post cnc router software |
I doubt you will have to re...
|07:01 AM - hawkeye10 quoted MikeMa in post Bosch drill problems again. |
Give Bosch a call to see wh...
|01:34 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted MikeMa in post Looking for my first Router Lift |
I have the Incra version of...
|08:53 AM - hawkeye10 quoted MikeMa in post Good idea or bad? |
I think if I had to do this...
|08:59 PM - Dejure quoted MikeMa in post Cheapest I've Seen Any Festool |
I'm hoping Festool will sta...
|01:12 PM - sammarkowitz quoted MikeMa in post Bosch GOF 1600 CE Won't Start |
Isn't that a the European v...
|04:15 PM - hawkeye10 quoted MikeMa in post Resawing on a Grizzly 14" band saw. |
I haven't looked too closel...