MikeMa MikeMa is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Table Saw #1 Old Craftsman Contractor's saw. Needs a better fence, but otherwise performs great. Updated - Added new fence to the saw, as well as new shop made wings, and a couple safety upgrades. New freud blade. This thing cuts like a champ!
Table Saw #2 Craftsman Jobsite saw. I don't use this anymore
Router #1 Bosch 1617EVSPK. Have a shop built router table to go with it
Router #2 Bosch 1617EVSPK. Used for hand work
Router #3 Craftsman 75th Aniversary Edition. My first router. I keep a flush trim bit on this one.
Drill Press - Craftsman bench top.
Band Saw - 14" Grizzly G0555P
Scroll Saw - 16inch Craftsman, gift from my Dad, I don't use it too much.
Miter Saw - 10" Craftsman. Would love to get a 12" slider some day. :)
Joiner - 6" Delta bench top. Next in line for an upgrade. Have had a lot of success using a rolling pin off the outfeed, though it may take a try or two to get the height perfected. Otherwise a cup will develop when edge jointing long pieces.
Planer - Dewalt 734.
Drill #1 - Craftsman corded drill. Use mainly for pocket holes.
Drill #2 - 18V B&D Firestorm old version.
Drill #3 - 18V B&D Firestorm new version. It was cheaper to buy a new drill then to replace the batteries. Plus you can't have too many drills. :)
Circular Saw #1 - Craftsman 75th Edition
Circular Saw #2 - 18V B&D Firestorm - POS
Router #4 - Craftsman rotary tool. Not really good for wood working, but is great on dry wall.
Dremel - Actually it is a Craftsman clone from many many years ago. My first power tool that my parents gave to me while I was still in high school.
Tile wet saw - MK Diamond, it looks like a small table saw.
Dust Collection - Rikon
Sander 1 - Porter Cable ROS
Sander 2 - Craftsman Pro Belt Sander
Sander 3 - Black & Decker 1/4" sheet sander
Jig Saw - Black & Decker
Air - PC compressor and nail gun kit.
Reciprocating Saw - Craftsman
Bench Grinder - GMC need to upgrade
- My Shop
- My shop is my garage. It is a two car garage that hasn't had a car parked in it in many years. I currently have two workbenches. The first came from my Dad when he moved into a smaller house. This is also where my drill press and anvil vice are bolted too. This bench tends to be a dropping point of 'stuff' but I am working on changing that. My second bench is what used to be my tool bench, but was recently repurposed. It is now my outfeed table for my table saw, and my assembly table. The machines that were on it have either been replaced or are in a better location. I am always modifying this bench. :) It also stores my scroll saw, and various other tools. I have two cabinets. One large floor one that came from Dad as well. I also built one that mounts on the wall many years that holds most of my hand power tools. My latest addition is a cabinet I built that is a stand for the planer, and storage for router bits and accessories. I have started building my hand tool collection, and my next project is a wall hanging tool chest and I have a feeling a sharpening station is in my future as well.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- My day job is working for a hospital as an I.T. Security Analyst. Woodworking has been an on and off (more on lately) since I took my first shop class in Jr. High.
- Centerville, OH
- Family life, Wood working, Camping
- Favorite Router
- Bosch 16176 EVSPCK
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- Weekend Warrior
- First Name
- United States
Visit my woodworking blog: http://madermadeit.com/
- Home Page
- This Page
|10:37 PM - Stick486 mentioned MikeMa in post Happy Birthday MikeMa |
Happy Birthday MikeMa,,, best to ya on yu...
|06:42 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned MikeMa in post Cheapest I've Seen Any Festool |
MikeMa Too bad some of us...
|09:15 PM - Stick486 mentioned MikeMa in post Happy Birthday MikeMa |
MikeMa... Happy B'day Mike...
|12:49 PM - PhilBa mentioned MikeMa in post Another reason to hate saw stop. |
...nt litigator... MikeMa, yeah, that was why....
|09:53 AM - hawkeye10 quoted MikeMa in post Good idea or bad? |
I think if I had to do this...
|09:59 PM - Dejure quoted MikeMa in post Cheapest I've Seen Any Festool |
I'm hoping Festool will sta...
|02:12 PM - sammarkowitz quoted MikeMa in post Bosch GOF 1600 CE Won't Start |
Isn't that a the European v...
|05:15 PM - hawkeye10 quoted MikeMa in post Resawing on a Grizzly 14" band saw. |
I haven't looked too closel...
|12:33 PM - MikeMa quoted Marco in post Jointer technique |
Forum members please corre...
|12:01 PM - MikeMa quoted sfchuck in post Do we really need power tools? |
Has anyone ever tried boring...
|04:14 PM - sfchuck quoted MikeMa in post Do we really need power tools? |
For the mortises, I will ma...
|04:58 PM - hawkeye10 quoted MikeMa in post I am mad at Rockler... |
This reminds me of the ship...
|12:04 PM - MikeMa quoted sunnybob in post 220V Foot switch |
|12:32 PM - Stick486 quoted MikeMa in post New flush edge helper-tool |
Agreed not a safe product. ...
|12:59 PM - Stick486 quoted MikeMa in post Off Topic Advertising |
I have been noticing more a...
|06:13 PM - Herb Stoops quoted MikeMa in post Is Baltic Birch, Baltic Birch? |
True baltic birch only come...
|12:42 PM - Stick486 quoted MikeMa in post Is Baltic Birch, Baltic Birch? |
True baltic birch only come...
|11:38 AM - MikeMa quoted vchiarelli in post Joke a Day |
For a minute, there, I thought ...
|12:34 PM - MikeMa quoted coxhaus in post Windows 10 install review |
There is nothing wrong with ...
|12:57 PM - MikeMa quoted Mike in post Steel City is out of business |
schnewj Good news Bubb...
|04:22 PM - BrianS quoted MikeMa in post PA/WV/OH tourist information needed |
If you are into aviation, T...
|01:43 PM - PhilBa quoted MikeMa in post Another reason to hate saw stop. |
Sorry, but I will disagree ...
|12:36 PM - MikeMa quoted Oakwerks in post Another reason to hate saw stop. |
Nonsense .... I know 14 woodw...
|08:07 AM - Oakwerks quoted MikeMa in post Another reason to hate saw stop. |
This actually been an issue...