rrj rrj is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Delta 10” contractors table saw with Vega pro 40 fence
Ryobi 2 1/4 hp R-500 router mounted in table
2 Porter Cable 691 routers one plunge and one with D handle
Ryobi JP-155 bench jointer
Dewalt DW735 13" planner
Old Sears 113.243411 12 inch band saw that I purchased in a garage sale and re-conditioned it
Cal-Hawk CH-19F Floor mounted drill press
Lamello top 20 biscuit joiner
Hitachi 18v model DV18DL hammer/drill driver
Makita LXFD01 drill drivers
Makita BTD142 impact driver
Bosch 1581 VS jig saw
Bosch 3258 portable hand planner
Makita 5007NB circ saw
Makita 10” LS1020 miter saw
Paslode cordless 16 gauge finish nailer
Porter Cable NS150B staple gun
Delta 15” model 40-150 scroll saw
Ryobi B7075K belt sander
Delta 31-080 1” belt & 5” disc sander
Porter Cable 343VS RO sander
Powermatic PM1200 air filtration system
Milwaukee Sawzall 6508
Ryobi S500A finish sander
Makita B04550 finish sander
- My Shop
- Two car garage that I share with all the yard tools and wife's car. The garage is insulated and I heat it with a Allpro 50-8500 btu propane heater for about 20 minutes to get the temp up fast and then I turn it off and use a Hot One RCP502S electric heater which keeps it at temp the rest of the day.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I have been a computer software developer for 20 years and retired 2004.
My wife and I purchased a cottage 25 years ago and after living in it for 5 years, tore it down and built a new 2 story home in its place. We did all the work ourselves rough-in, electric, plumbing, finish work and built all the kitchen cabinets and built-ins, hired out the insulation and dry wall. That project took a total of 3 years doing it on week-ends, evenings and vacations. That pretty much burned me out on woodworking so took a rather long break form it.
Since retiring 8 years ago I have done some wood working projects around the house and for others. Got a little bored last year and took a job as a cabinet maker for a local high end contractor who had a millwork shop and his master cabinet maker need some help (one man shop). I work with him for a year and just got laid off as they ran out of work (economy). Learned a lot and really enjoyed it, hope to get called back soon.
- Lake Geneva, WI
- Interests and hobbies: Boating and golfing in the summer and cross country skiing in winter.
- Favorite Router
- Don't know if I have a favorite router but planning on buying a festool router. Currently have a Makita 2 1/2 hp plunge router that I purchased 25 years ago when building our home, currently have that mounted in my router table and also have two porter cable 691 routers, one plunge and one with D handle.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 50 Years
- First Name
- United States
Lake Geneva, WI
- Total Posts: 40
- Posts Per Day: 0.02
- Last Post: Win GREE Rio 9,000 BTU Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump Air Conditioner From ComfortUp 11-18-2015 07:20 AM
- Find all posts by rrj
- Find all threads started by rrj
- Last Activity: 11-23-2016 08:05 AM
- Join Date: 01-16-2012
- Referrals: 0