Terry Q Terry Q is online now
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Table saws: Jet Exacta 3hp Cabinet, Jet Proshop Hybrid, Bosch Jobsite saw
Jointer: Grizzly 6" long bed
Planers: Woodmaster 18" planer/molder/sander, Mikita 12" Bench top, Lie-Nielsen No 8
Miter saws: Jet 12" Slider, Ridgid 12", Bosch 12"
Drill Presses: (2) Jet 17"
Band saw: Jet 14"
Mortiser: General International Bench Top
Shapers: (2) small Grizzly
Sanders: Jet Spindle sander, cheap bench top spindle sander, Grizzly 6-48 Belt/Disc, and another small bench top belt/Disc
Scroll Saw: an early Excalibur 21"
Lathes: Jet 1236 and Jet Mini lathe
Panel Saw: Milwaukee
Track saw: Grizzly
- My Shop
- Two workshops, an 8x20 shop in the basement of my home with the "hobby" type tools (scroll saw, lathes) and a larger shop in the basement of my daughters home.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- in 1976 I purchased a bicycle store, ran it for 36 years and in 2012 I turned the business over to my daughter. About the same time my daughter and son-in-law purchased a condemned 4500 square foot fraternity house and an 1800 square foot carriage house. I use the basement of the big house for my workshop. Having the space, and having the need for restoration has given me something positive to do in my retirement.
- Central Michigan area, an hour north of lansing.
- My life-long hobby, which most of my vacations center around, is canoeing. To escape the cold my wife and I spend the month of January paddling Everglades National park where, unlike others vacationing in Florida, we rarely see anyone but a few committed fisherman. Summer vacations are centered around the great lakes.
My newest hobby is sewing. I know, I use to think sewing was for sissies too, but I found out that you can get manly sewing machines that sew through just about anything. Don't make cloths, but just about anything else is fair game if I can figure out how to make it.
- Favorite Router
- Favorite Router is the one I have mounted to my table with the Incra Fence and Master Lift II, it happens to be a Porter Cable 7518. I also have two Porter Cable 690's and an 890 on a second router table with a Rockler lift. Porter Cable is compatible with every aftermarket router accessory made. I also have an old Jessem/Jet Exacta router lift with a Bosch 1617 on a table saw extension. The old Bosch has been rebuilt, but still struggles. Of course one needs a trim router, so I have a Ridgid which works well. I have a Royobi 1 3/4 hp router and a Menard's Master Craft router package, which works really well, but it's base is incompatible with everything - I wonder why they do that?
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 35 years of frustration, 5 years seriously.
- First Name
- United States
|11:28 PM - Terry Q quoted JOAT in post A Nice Problem to Have |
I don't like lifts, prefe...
|09:09 PM - DesertRatTom quoted Terry Q in post Cut my finger. |
Duct tape doesn't breath, I ...
|07:58 PM - Terry Q quoted CharleyL in post Cut my finger. |
I agree with Stick486. Make ...
|01:23 PM - Herb Stoops quoted Terry Q in post Miter Dado from Rockler |
Rockler emailed an announcem...
|08:50 PM - Terry Q quoted Daikusan in post The truth and nothing but the truth |
Quandary – get rid of the car...