thomas1389 thomas1389 is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Bosch router 1617EVSK---10" General table saw-Model 350---14" General band saw-Model 290-1--- Old cast iron Beaver wood lathe---Delta 6" jointer---Delta 12" thickness planer---Delta bench drill press-model 11-990C---Delta 4" belt sander---Bostitch 6 gal. compressor---Senco 1 gal compressor---Dewalt 10" mitre saw model 713---Earlex spray station-model HV5500--- Craftsman bench grinder--- Hitachi pin nailer-model NP35A---Husky 18 gauge brad nailer---Porter Cable Plate Joiner-model 557---Rockwell finishing sander-model 505C---Rockwell finishing sander-model 330C---Bosch orbit sander-model ROS20VSK---Bosch recip. saw-model RS5---Makita recip saw-model JR3070CT---Milwaukee cordless drills---Skli saws-7 1/4"---
- My Shop
- I use my garage as much as possible but rather limited on the coldest winter days. I have a small dedicated area in the basement for lighter work and finishing. I have always wished I had a proper separate building on the property but that's not in the cards.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I signed on some while ago and I think I'd best complete this information.
I've been retired ten years this July. I've not been a dedicated woodworker, not as much as I've wanted to be but recently the bug has taken a bigger bite of me. There has always been some reason in the past for not getting immersed. Job, family, too cold in the garage in winter, not enough space indoors etc. etc.
I now have the time and the frame of mind and just completed a very nice bookcase. I'm in the midst of a small table but stopped to create some jigs to do the job better. The amount of information on-line is amazing. I plan to keep[ up the momentum.
- Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- I do volunteer driving for the Canadian Cancer Society. My ninth year. Twice, sometimes three times a week.
- Favorite Router
- Among other tools, I have a Bosch 1617EVSPK router. Never a problem and a great tool.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- off and on since I was a kid.
- First Name
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Registered User
- aahwhatever2 is offline
|02:17 PM - thomas1389 mentioned Reg66 in post Router Table Package, with graphics |
Reg66 Closest major inters...
|02:16 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned thomas1389 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
thomas1389 DCIM stands for Dig...
|03:07 PM - vchiarelli mentioned thomas1389 in post Square turning conundrum |
...erence material. thomas1389 - I sold my encyclop...
|06:39 PM - Daikusan quoted thomas1389 in post Being stupid and careless |
Rick, is that before or after y...
|02:21 PM - thomas1389 quoted RainMan 2.0 in post Being stupid and careless |
Yes Tom those guys BASE jumping ...
|10:21 PM - thomas1389 quoted DaninVan in post Bake a Cake or Not |
Over on the West Coast (BC) w...
|03:23 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted thomas1389 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
Vince, what does DCIM mean ? I...
|02:36 PM - Herb Stoops quoted thomas1389 in post Well Yeh... |
If you did, you'd likely give y...
|02:17 PM - thomas1389 quoted TenGees in post Well Yeh... |
Cool looking table but don't...
|02:03 PM - MT Stringer quoted thomas1389 in post Guy and Gina's New Home |
MIke, For Pete's sake, slow dow...
|11:28 PM - TenGees quoted thomas1389 in post Kreg pocket hole screws |
...Nothing like that screw, tho...
|02:16 PM - thomas1389 quoted Tagwatts in post Square turning conundrum |
Stick486, This person is so ...
|02:07 PM - thomas1389 quoted RainMan 2.0 in post Kreg pocket hole screws |
I believe I read a guy by with a...
|01:51 PM - thomas1389 quoted Everend in post Kreg pocket hole screws |
Blame it on YouTube. I thin...
|12:39 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted thomas1389 in post Kreg pocket hole screws |
Everend, Being from waaaay down...
|12:08 PM - Everend quoted thomas1389 in post Kreg pocket hole screws |
Everend, Being from waaaay down...
|11:40 AM - thomas1389 quoted Everend in post Kreg pocket hole screws |
...od for drilling. Everend, Being from waaaay d...
|11:18 AM - thomas1389 quoted belaire445 in post Russian Olive TreeWood |
It's also a nasty wood in new J...
|02:44 PM - thomas1389 quoted chessnut2 in post Guy and Gina's New Home |
... loved ones. Uh, Chessnut2, just to clarify, do...
|11:47 PM - thomas1389 quoted MT Stringer in post Haley's Dressing Table |
Thanks. It worked very well. ...
|02:15 AM - Herb Stoops quoted thomas1389 in post Need help with wobbly bench! |
And if it isn't, cut some off t...
|09:27 PM - thomas1389 quoted Herb Stoops in post Need help with wobbly bench! |
Move it around and see if your f...
|09:23 PM - thomas1389 quoted Nickp in post Another Router needed? |
I'm thinking you could get...