Router Forums banner

show and tell (the end)

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  JFPNCM 
#1 ·
ok, seeing as you seem to like my boxes (or are just gluttons for punishment), heres my third, although actually I'm showing them in the reverse order to when they were made.

This one is more of an "apprentice piece" to see if i could do different things.

Not sure if it works as a box as there are so many different things going on, but i put quite a lot of hours into it so it deserves to be seen at least once.

It will be a while before I make anything else now, home work is catching up on me. I have to do a lot of outdoors tiling so you can all relax.

See less See more
#5 ·
you know what they say... if it aint broke dont fix it. i do find something pleasing about the shape.
I had four sections of the rosewood that I tried to butt joint into a bookended square for the lid, but I failed because i couldnt cut the four sides parallel enough for the glue to hold.

But when i start again i will try a 6 sided as i have the cutter for that, so far unused. Apparently it will also make a 12 sided, so i will have to try that as well.

Lots of "honey do's" at the moment, but she goes away for three weeks at easter, so that will be some "me" time.

#12 ·
Thanks for your concern.

The base on this box is made from an indian rosewood centre, surrounded by purple heart. Sides are beech and oak, top bottom and inner sides are mahogany.
The other two boxes in show and tell have padauk lids.

I always wear dust masks when working in the garage, and have the dust collector connected to all machines and running. I am extremely careful of my lungs , eyes and ears, i know I'm not going to get another set

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.