Router Forums banner

plans for tables saw sled

5K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  Cherryville Chuck 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a link to a good T/S sled plan? I just bought a full size T/S and need to make a full size one for it. My portable T/S sled is ok but I am sure there is a better plan out there.

#2 ·
Hi Jamie. I would suggest looking on Youtube. Do a search... there are LOTS of examples on there. As for plans... it's not a difficult thing to draw up on your own. Only thing you have to decide on is how big you want to make it.

Of course, once you have it made, you will probably discover that it's not big enough. :)

#4 ·
You can search YouTube for Norm Abrams or New Yankee Workshop for a video showing him making one. There was also a thread not long ago started by Moz that had a lot of input from members that can be found by searching our members list for her then finding her personal profile by clicking on her user name and then checking her Statistics for past threads and posts.

One thing you have to decide is whether you want a single or double runner sled. Each is better at some things than the other.

#5 ·
Jamie:

Depends on how elaborate a sled you want to make. You can go with a one-runner simple fence and panel; a two runner with fences front and back with a safety guard.

Here's a link to a fancy sled - the video pertains to the 5-cut method (I'm not advocating this method - I'm only providing the link) but on the web page he lists the dimensions of the sled/runners etc.

5 Cuts To A ?Perfect? Cross Cut Sled | William Ng School of Fine Woodworking

#6 ·
Over the years, I have found them bulky and a pain to store and have fallen into disuse.

I use an Osborne Miter Guide now and find it much easier to store and use. Incra makes a nice one too!

Reactions: Red Stick
#28 ·
where do you think the 'net sources from...

#33 ·
Maybe we all should have gone into hibernation. If we had we wouldn't be as emotionally scared as we are because of the MOZ thread.>:)>:)>:)

Reactions: Stick486
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.