Router Forums banner

Sears gets one more try

4K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Gap_308 
#1 ·
OK so I said I've had it with them, well I guess not. Saw the post about the price, checked it out and it is 79.99. Where to get the money? Well about that time I remembered my son wanting to get his cat a climbing pole thing. Well he didn't want to spend 100.00 on some piece of junky thing!! Anyone see a match made in the old man’s shop?? Yep I will get it next week and Kitty will get her palace soon after. He wants to start basic and move up from there. And just in case anyone was worried no there will be no kitty posts, just the router.

#2 ·
Good luck with that. I just checked inventory for 4 sears in my area and 2 routers are in stock. Im going with the wife in the morning for insane friday, got buy stuff for an adopted family, while Im there I plan on checking em out. Maybe a rain check if their out. For 80 bucks I'll try it once. Home depot and lowes have some sales also. Sears is 5 am to 11 am only!!

#5 ·
There are 4 stores within 20 miles each had 4, but not wanting to get into black Friday mania, I am trying the mail order route. I got a conformation number and a date to expect it. If it comes great, if not--well this would be neither the greatest nor the last diapointment in my life. My you have a sucessful hunt too.

#3 ·
I'm going for one too. If they're out, since its not a doorbuster, I'm going to ask for an "equal or better" or a rain check, as the fine text on that very page of their ad refers to. The worst they can say is "NO!" Hopefully I won't need to!

#4 ·
Hello Jerry! Good for you, that means that the hand is being restored as we speak:cool: I hope that you will be pleasantly surprised with the new one, I think your talking about the red top? Glad to hear it. Happy routing :)

#6 ·
No Howard, that one lists for 219.00 as a combo.
Shop for Routers & Laminate Trimmers in the Tools department of Sears.com. I think the one I am getting will be great for my purposes I also have my Ridgid combo and it is going to stay in the router table and the Sears will be the free hand router. I may put another router station at the opposite end of my table.

I have a piece of phenolic (sp checker no help here) resin 1/4 thick 2'X4' would that be strong enough to makes a mounting plate from for the sears.

#7 ·
The Sears store told me on extreme sales they reach a point where the computer system will not allow them to place any more orders on an out of stock item. On a national level each manufacturer has a maximum of deliverables in a given time period they must be able to meet for their contract. The system won't let them exceed that.

#8 ·
yeehaw

We did all the shopping for the adopted family and I had some time still so I dropped by sears and got the only one in the area. The shop vacs were going by the pallet, the router area looked bare, but whats this............ a missed place box....... could it be...... YES it is. Among the plastic router tables on the bottom shelf, MY new router combo.

Craftsman 2 hp Soft Start Fixed and Plunge Base Router w/Electronic Feedback, 11 amp

79.99 + a 12.00 3 yr warranty + tax ( minus another in store discount) = 89.99 out the door. I'll post some pics after I get done pawing it. I already like the built in 3 led's.

#10 ·
We did all the shopping for the adopted family and I had some time still so I dropped by sears and got the only one in the area. The shop vacs were going by the pallet, the router area looked bare, but whats this............ a missed place box....... could it be...... YES it is. Among the plastic router tables on the bottom shelf, MY new router combo.

Craftsman 2 hp Soft Start Fixed and Plunge Base Router w/Electronic Feedback, 11 amp

79.99 + a 12.00 3 yr warranty + tax ( minus another in store discount) = 89.99 out the door. I'll post some pics after I get done pawing it. I already like the built in 3 led's.
WTG Scott! Persistance paid off :yes2:

#9 ·
Glad for you, seems a good buy.

#12 ·
I got lucky this morning too... I got to our Sears early, having noticed where the 17543's were a couple of weeks ago. I'd seen online they had 6 of them. Fortunatey I knew where they were as the people right behind me stopped to ask a salesman where they were. When I got there, there was *one* for sale, and no room on the shelf for more. Next year I'm thinknig the "buy online, pick it up in the store" may be worth a try.

#13 ·
Got notification that mine has shipped, will be here about December 2 or sooner.

#15 ·
#17 ·
#19 ·
New to used real fast. I love the led lights, I started using reading glasses about a year ago. I need all the light I can get. I tried it on ply, and red oak. I intentionally pushed to fast on the oak and the speed control kicked in faster then I could pull back. So far my only dislike is the plunge springs are a little stiff. Micro adjust on both bases worked well. Soft start is very soft, you have to wait a second for it to wind up, zero kick. Power feels like the 2 1/4 Triton, just less weight. This makes a great learning router, great cost and good features. My table saw blade cost more.

Attachments

#21 ·
New to used real fast. I love the led lights, I started using reading glasses about a year ago. I need all the light I can get. I tried it on ply, and red oak. I intentionally pushed to fast on the oak and the speed control kicked in faster then I could pull back. So far my only dislike is the plunge springs are a little stiff. Micro adjust on both bases worked well. Soft start is very soft, you have to wait a second for it to wind up, zero kick. Power feels like the 2 1/4 Triton, just less weight. This makes a great learning router, great cost and good features. My table saw blade cost more.

Hi Scott,

Congrats on the new toy. In time, you'll get used to those springs. IMHO, this is the best router sears has ever sold.

#22 ·
I too, decided to give Sears another shot! Ordered two of them online for store pickup.
Received the emails telling me they were ready for pickup. Drove the 30 miles to Sears. You guessed it, no routers even though I had all the paperwork telling me they were ready!
After 30 minutes of run around trying to find someone who knew what to do. They reordered them at the sale price. Was promised they would be in by Wed, We'll see!
Some things don't change!

#24 ·
Harry that is why I decided to let it come to me. I just knew that if I did what you did I'd have the same result. I remember when if it was Sears you knew you had good service and quality, seems a long time ago.

#25 ·
I've had one of these for about a year and jumped at the chance to get another for $79. I had my wife pick one on during her annual Black Friday marathon. I printed out of of the $5 off $50 in-store coupons and they knocked an additional 5 bucks off. Pretty decent deal for $74!

#27 ·
Came today, haven't had time to do anything more then turn it on. It runs, passed that test. When Things slow done will play some. Just looking at it I like many of the features.:sold::sold:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.