Router Forums - View Single Post - New dust mask/respirator needed
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
JOAT

First Name: Theo

Default New dust mask/respirator needed

Hopefully getting back in the shop soon. And figure I had better get a better dust mask. What I have now has two filters, and works. But seeing as how I have COPD, I figure it is in my best interest to step up to something a lot more efficient. I figure something with a small air pump is what I should go for. However, I also have a beard, and that is staying. I've been doing a lot of googling, and found some that are reasonably priced at around $100, but they need an air pump - and so far not been able to find just what they need. There is one for about $350 (full face mask), with a battery powered air pump, and battery. Good reviews, but no mention of beards, and I really, really, would prefer not to go that high in price if I can help it. I would be a lot more comfortable with a price of around $100, if I can do it. But, if push comes to shove, I will spend more.

I'm not looking for something around $1,000+, I'm not in the shop every day, let alone doing woodworking for a living. So I'd appreciate not even mentioning anything that pricey.

Anyone got any recommendations that should work for me?

"It ain't what you're told, it's what you know." - Granny Weatherwax
Some days, the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.
Call me a craftsman, artisan, or artistic, and I will accept that. Call me an artist and you will likely get a quite rude comment in return. I am not a @#$%ing artist.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome