Router Forums - View Single Post - Router Bit/Saw Blade Wax Coating
View Single Post
post #55 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
rodbetts

First Name: Rod

Default Been A While But Back Again

Wow, this is a long thread. I kind of lost track of what was going on. Since I started this thread long ago, and found the answer to my question, I haven't been back. It's nice to see so many comments, questions, and answers.

As for me, I still use the protection wax I bought from McMaster Carr. I bought a hotplate on eBay and use a small old kitchen pot my wife abandoned years ago to melt it. It works great.

I was finally pushed out of my basement shop. I was completing my basement and trying to use it as a workshop both at the same time. I finally reached the point where renovations and shop tools could no longer coexist. The result was a nice new 20' x 30' woodworking shop, the cost of which my wife accepted as a necessary evil if her basement was ever to be reclaimed.

It a wonderful little shop with insulation, heat, bathroom, and other needed accoutrements, including a two stage dust collection system. After a contractor friend built the shell, I did the rest of the building myself. I even added a fridge to keep cold drinks in. I absolutely love it. Since I'm old and retired my beautiful wife thinks I'll die before I get enough use out of it to make it cost effective. That may be true but I'll die happy.

As a followup to one of my previous comments, I now have some eight or ten inexpensive eBay bought used routers setup with my most used bits and setting on shelves for easy access. I can grab one, make a few cuts, and have it back on the shelf in no time. This system is less expensive than you might think and, I my humble opinion, it's the only way to go. Life is good.

Thanks everyone for all you help and comments.

Rod

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome