Router Forums - View Single Post - Lathe ELU DB-180 Lathe Manual
Thread: Lathe ELU DB-180 Lathe Manual
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Lee62

First Name: N/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshuah View Post
Dear Reuel, I am desperate to have some form of manual for this DB180, as I cannot remove the centre drive 4 pronged huge nut off the spindle, to expose the M18 X 2.5 thread. I am told that I can then buy a threaded adapter to increase the thread size to 1" x 8 tpi. From there I can buy a chuck to fot this thread. I would be most grateful if you could advise me as to how I can remove this drive centre nut. Then I can move on and get tyhings going. Thank you so very much for any help you could possibly give at this present time. Yours Sincerely Mr David Hamilton.
Yeshuah, I can help you with your problem. The centre drive unit may be removed as follows,

On the top to the headstock is a small hole about 4mm diameter. It looks like an oil hole. Insert a steel rod into this hole (I used an allen key). Turn the centre drive unit by hand until a hole in the spindle aligns with the steel rod. The steel rod will slip down into the hole in the spindle. This locks the spindle and the centre drive unit may now be loosened and removed with an adjustable wrench. This will give you access to the threaded end of the spindle.

Regards,
Lee.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome