Router Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a air compressor what is important
View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:47 PM
RainMan 2.0

First Name: Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxhaus View Post
Well the 2 stage compressor I had was quieter than this Dewalt single stage air compressor. My old 2 stage ran at 1750 rpm whereas my single stage runs at 3400 which is louder. The 2 stage air comes off at 175 PSI. I never found I needed that high of pressure. If I can get over a 100 PSI I am good. Everything I did on my 2 stage always was just over a hundred. My old 2 stage never could maintain 175 PSI. The pressure dropped immediately after using the air. But I had an old American made Kellogg air compressor which was old tech as it was built in the 50s.

It was a great old compressor but it would not fit in my shed at my house. It was too big. I gave it to a friend. He is still using it. I had it for over 20 years. I am not sure they are made as well today but we live with what we can get now.
The one I should have kept back in the day ran just over 800 rpm. Bet it was fairly quiet too .
I’m still kicking myself.
I’m going to take your advice and buy a 2 stage ,as it’s the only way I’m going to feel better about this

I donít always insulate , but when I do .
Ok ,I never insulate

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome