Router Forums banner

Bench Dog 40-096 router table comment please?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ggroofer 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

After a great deal of humming and haring, I have clicked "buy" on a new Bench Dog router table.

It is the 40-096, which is the 29 1/2" x 21 1/8" Pro Standard Phenolic laminated top with the 28" Pro Fence on a nice stand.

It is now discontinued, so I got a very reasonable price. Does anyone have one of these?

Any comments, reviews or tips would be very welcome.

All the best

Steve

#2 ·
Hi Steve,

I am not familiar with that model.

I can do everything I need on the Oak Park table with Triton TRA001 router.

Please post a picture after you get it set up.

#4 ·
Well, Folks,

The Bench Dog set up arrived yesterday and is waiting for me to assemble it. Everything about it exudes quality, from the packaging to the finish on the 3/4" ply stand.

The fence is very sturdy extruded aluminium and the phenolic pro-plate insert looks rock solid.

I'll post some photos when it is up and running.

I just need to get a nice new router to slot into it ;-)

All the best

Steve

#5 ·
bench dog router table

Hi Steve, 'Am about to buy the same model over here in N.IRE ,would be great to hear more when you set it up!.What router do you intend mounting to it?.They're also on sale over here at a greatly reduced price in a well known store...makes me wonder have bench dog stopped making this model? and should i get one now before they're all sold? 'am 99% sure i'm going to buy,but a good word from somebody who owns one would push me that extra 1% so please let me know how things go,and good luck with your new table. Philip.

#6 ·
Hi Phil.

I think this model is discontinued, but not sure. Bench Dog in the US answered my emails and were helpful.

I have a dewalt dw625 in mine and it is pre drilled for it.

I think the fence is really excellent and the table is well made. Good value in my view.

Don't forget you will need to add a no volt release switch that could set you back another £40. I got a Trend one for less than £10 but I was lucky!

I have no regrets about buying it.

Good luck.

Steve.

#7 · (Edited)
Hi Steve,I went ahead and bought the same model as it was the last one in stock,like you i'm very happy with the whole set up'def seems built to a high standard.I've noticed some newer models of router come with an above the table hight adjuster or these can be bought as an extra kit to be retro fitted,so'am looking for a router at the min with this in mind!...one that fits the plate without having to drill more holes,although I will have to drill one to mount the above the table hight adj'.Will let you know how i get on.Philip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.