Router Forums banner

Name that Startrite band saw

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Alysha29 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Just picked up this Startrite bandsaw (not actual photo, found same one on ebay but no info with it, have sent message to seller in case they know)

STARTRITE BANDSAW SINGLE PHASE on eBay (end time 02-Dec-10 19:09:49 GMT)

Mine has original paint job, bakalite mag switch and crumbling rubber cable but runs lovely.
Can anyone tell me anything about it such as model number for a manual, or blade size as I think the one on it is probably the original one.
Thanks in advance
BigT

#6 ·
I've seen these things around from time to time, they pop up from time to time in the pittsburgh craigs listings. I've read about em. The only negative that seems constant is that due to the tight radius you're limited to thin, narrow blades. Aside from that, they appear to be a pretty solid bandsaw.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info Del, Bill.
I have started to strip her down and figure out what all the adjusters do. Sanded the table down and cleared all the rust dust from my lungs. I contacted the seller from the ebay machine that looks very similar and he tells me that she takes a 96 3/4" blade so will go with that and get started.
Would still love to know what model ( found a very small "474"under the Startrite name on the rear of the saw)but at least i can get a new blade and start using her
Thanks again
T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.