Router Forums - View Single Post - How long have you been using a Router?
View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 02:04 AM
gav

First Name: Gavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marc View Post
I went to a tools shop today for buying a router, but hesitate to take the decision. I thought the best to do is to ask advice to the experts on this forum.
I have a Ryobi R152, 750 watt since 1998. I saw a Bosch 1400watt / 8mm thickness for the shaft fixing and a Black & Decker 1600watt and up to 12mm shaft, it look bigger and stronger. Which must I buy. I will keep the Ryobi for freehand routing and is willing to buy a router, with which I can do heavy jobs, and also be able to fixe it on a table. The Black&Decker seems ok. What do you think? Thanks in advance
I have that Bosch router, actually the earlier 1300 watt version. For the price, it's a pretty good router. It has all the features that a high end router has, just less power.
After lock fine height adjust, built in lights, soft start and constant speed control, variable speed, and a 6 step depth stop.

I have yet to use a bit that doesn't fit through the base hole, and in fact I doubt there is an 8mm bit that is too big for it. It's not like you would consider using to make raised panel doors.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome