Router Forums banner

Just joined - one+ handed router

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  bobj3 
#1 ·
Hello all,

This looks like a helpful and friendly group. I found it as I restart routing with my second router, preparing to do some cherry 1x4 edges for a desk+open hatch(my first ancient second-hand, two-handled HP plunge-cut router self-destructed - no damage to people - a few years ago, I finally took the plunge (no pun intended) and got a small Porter Cable D-handled base with a router (691?) to get back into routing).

So far it's all been mostly small cuts, homemade rails (C clamps), no table, no templates, only straight bits for grooves or bits with ball bearing guides (chamfers), but I see that the next thing I might want to get is a router table (especially with a very weak left hand, thanks to polio about 53 years ago - but I can still stabilize the router using my left).

I'll just watch the posts, there are a lot of questions I have that look like they have several answers to! I appreciate your expertise being made available! If there other less-than-two-full-strength hand routerers out there I would be very interested to hear.

Best to all!

- A.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Anand

If you have a RAS ,you can rework it a bit and it will do all the holding for you..

=====

Attachments

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum, Anand

#8 ·
One handed router? That has to be a Festool!!!

Regards

Phil

#10 ·
I can only agree with that,

#12 · (Edited)
Hi Anand

You can find one in the states but be ready to take a 2nd. out on your house for one :( 500.oo dollar router made out of gold maybe ...the most over price tools on the market place.. :( the big one will knock your pants off 850.oo plus or it will empty your pockets for sure..

Amazon.com: Festool router - Tools & Home Improvement

I'm not to sure how old you are but at one time B & D made one like the Festool router , is was a drill motor handle type ..:(

You just may want to get a D-Handle router. that should work for you also.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...words=d+handle+router&sprefix=d+handle+router

====
=====

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.