Router Forums banner

variable speed control

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  david cooksey 
#1 ·
Hi folks.

Does anyone know where I can get a variable speed controller for a router? I have 2 fixed speed routers and for the type of work I have done, fixed speed routers have worked fine. Now I want to use a large router bit and the speed of my routers is way too fast and I need to slow the routers down for safety reasons.

I can get a controller kit that I have to put together my self but I would then need to buy a soldering iron to put it together, and maybe other bits and pieces too, which would make the whole thing too expensive.

Anyone know where I can get a ready assembled speed controller for a router?

Thanks

#4 · (Edited)
NEW Router Variable Speed Control Box 220-240 VOLT UK EUROPEAN VOLTAGE NEW | eBay

NEW 220--240 VOLT ROUTER SPEED CONTROL BOX

Great for routing tough woods, plastics and even aluminum
Plug your router into this control unit & you instantly have a variable speed tool!
Works with any universal AC/CD brush type motor
8 AMPS & under
Input Voltage 220-240 volt capacity
Features: Variable speed or full run
Dim: 4-3/8" L x 2-9/16" W x 2-3/4" H
A must have for every workshop
==

I forgot to mention that the controller needs to be for 240 volt routers.

Thanks neiltsubota for your quick reply, sorry I was not more specific.

Not as smart as I say I am. :no::fie:

Attachments

#8 ·
You're Welcome Alex

They are very hard to find you may want to buy more than one and sale the others off to pay for yours.. (hint) :)

====
Thanks everyone.

And thanks to bobj3. That is what I am after. The guy who sells them is away and wont be back until early June so I will get one then.

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.