Router Forums banner

What color tile and paint for bath?

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  papasombre 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

We added on a master bath. I have a white jacuzzi tub , White toilet, cherry vanity, blaack granet vanity top with white sink. I'm using oilacbrushed bronze for all the hardwear. I need help figuring out colors for paint and tile.

Thanks
TramondKrick

#2 ·
Hi, Tramond; may I suggest that you visit the tile showrooms? They almost all have a staff Interior Designer...they'll work with you to get the best possible combinations.
As a contractor I always sent my clients there; took the onus off me and they got professional advice for free!

#4 ·
Good luck with that! I cannot even get my clothes to match. Often when my wife and I are going out for dinner after she has come come from work - she will look at me and say, "Is that what you're planning on wearing?" "Yes" is my reply. She responds, "You look like a homeless person". You really don't want MY advice on colors - it is worthless!
Good luck!

#5 ·
Yeah, the safest way is to ask SWMBO. once she told me she wanted a peach bathroom paint. So for surprise I went bought "peach" paint and painted the bathroom while she was at work. For several years she complaint/teased/etc me for painting the room orange!

#8 ·
Hi Tramond,

My husband and I are building a new bathroom and are up to the stage of tiling. Here are some photo's of the colour scheme we have done. The tiling will be going up the wall also where you can see I haven't painted. The colour I've used is by Dulux and it's called Hopelands Quarter. The pic of the vanity we have a black quartz top, the people who made the top for us also made the little black tiles of the same quartz for the floor. Since we had a lot of black, white and chrome we went for a warmer colour on the walls to go with the wood. Good luck! By the way, the tiles on the wall wont be laid in the same pattern as the floor.

Attachments

#10 ·
Lovely vanity, Raewyn.

Where did you score that?

#9 ·
No brainer. You ask your wife. If she's happy, you're happy. :dance3:
Thought every married man learned that one early on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.