Router Forums banner

Homemade Table - First Project

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  el duderino 
#1 ·
Other than some raised garden beds and woodshop in high school, I haven't done much of any wood working. And, I wouldn't even call the raised garden beds woodworking...

But, it's something that I've wanted to do since I bought my house. So, I got this router and I figured by first project should be a table. It isn't the nicest table and there's some things I screwed up, but I think it will function and I learned a bit doing it. Now I need to build a fence and cabinet for it. So far, I'm pretty happy.

See less See more
#6 ·
I wanted to get one of the bench dog plates, but my I would have had to drill my own holes, and I wasn't quite prepared to do that. Instead, I got a 3/8" thick piece of polycarbonate from Rockler.com (can't post links yet).

I figure it will do the job for now. I also cut it to the same size as the Bench Dog plates in case I ever want to switch it out.

Thanks for the replies! I will post more as I get more finished. Now, if I only I can find more time and money!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.