Router Forums banner
2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  TwoSkies57 
#1 ·
Just found this forum and haven't really had a chance to look around much yet, but already found one thing I was looking for, so that's a good start.

As to an introduction, I'm in my 50's and female. Been doing woodwork off and on most of my life so far, but would still class myself as "intermediate" at best. Until recently I didn't have anywhere to truly practice and put in the time and attention required to get beyond that. Now, however, I'm a retired trucker with someone willing to help foot the bills, so I have the time and the space and I'm tearing it up. :)

One aspect of woodwork I do excel at is pyrography (decorative woodburning) and have always been bugged by buying cheap boxes, or kits to do my burning on. Now I'm building my own. My knowledge base is currently very hit-or-miss, but growing daily as I fill in the gaps. I look forward to finding some "gap filling" info here. and. hopefully, sharing some of the bits I have learned, too.

Anyone interested in seeing (or buying:dance3:) some of my work, visit my website at hapritadesign.com.

Ghostwolf
Artist/Owner
Haprita Design

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello Sarah , Hope you like and enjoy the router forums make yourself at Home. :) Please participate by asking and answering questions, that is what makes this forum work!
Again welcome.

#6 ·
Sarah, ladies are welcome to this forum.

For me is hard to understand how a former truck driver can mix woodworking with art.
Only ladies can do that!!!

Your workshop has plenty of tools, as I saw in your profile.

Please, post some pictures about your art.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Crazy life

Sorry took me so long to respond, but on top of getting ready for Spring shows, I'm taking a computer-programming class three nights a week and PHP is kicking my brain down the road. :)

Will get pics posted as soon as I can. Though I do have some pics on my website hapritadesign if you don't want to wait. (Won't let me post the url yet, but ...)

As for mixing woodworking with art, is hard for me to understand how anyone can't. :laugh:

http://www.hapritadesign.com/

#7 ·
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum :happy:

Oh you'll get lots n' lots n' lots n' lots of ideas and teaching here; all ya gots ta do is ask...

#11 · (Edited)
Hello Sarah... welcome to the community...

I've added your link to a previous post.....

The "Fairy Dance" chest is quite impressive. beautifully executed and the art work is outstanding. Is
the artwork original?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.