Router Forums banner

V grooved doors

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cherryville Chuck 
#1 ·
What angle would you set your table saw to rip v groves about 1/4 inch deep? I have already built a case covered with beaded board and want to space the v groves about same distance apart as the beads . Doors will probably be made up of glued up pine boards. Normally you overlap the doors by 1/2 inch minus 1/8 between the 2 doors is that correct. These are my first doors I have built. Anyone built this style door and remember the angle used?

#2 ·
Gary
Would it not be easier to use a v bit in a router with a straight edge,I believe the angle would be 45°.
You are correct usually half inch overlay 1/8" between the doors.

#3 ·
I agree with John. You could use a table saw but the angle would have to be 45* and the bottom might not be smooth anyway even then. A router bit will do a much better job. If you look in my uploads you'll seee a diagram of a grooving jig. If you rip strips the width you want the grooves to be on your TS that will take care of your spacing. Just add another spacer strip for each groove.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.