Router Forums banner

Another NewB with a question

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  tavlior 
#1 ·
Pat here and new to the forum with a question.

I have a Dewalt 618 that I have been using in a router table with a lift. I recently purchased a Leigh D4R Pro and I am using the 618 to learn how to use the jig. All of that said, I am having trouble adjusting the bit height on the router -- it is only smooth in one direction and virtually impossible in the other.. Haven't found this problem on this site so I am wondering if this a problem with the tool or operator error/stupidity.

#3 ·
Is the problem with the ability ot make the adjutments in the router base or the lift? I assume that it is in the lift, if so, what is the brand of the lift.

The Jessem Mast R lift or the one made for Incra by Jessem is estremely smooth in both directions but the problem with them is that they are spendy and for that reason not practical for many users. I hope that you find a remedy for the problem. Let us know what you finally end up to doing to overcome the issue.

Jerry

#4 ·
:)
Patrick, welcome to Router Forums, glad to have you join us, I'm positive the members of the community would be more than willing to answer any questions you have :)

#9 ·
You would be using the router hand held on the Leigh, right?

Reference to the lift may be misleading?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.