Router Forums banner

New lumber cart

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  todd628 
#1 ·
I recently made a purchase of about 6000 bf of rough random width and specie lumber. I realized after getting the 1st 1600 bf of lumber piled by my planer that I do not have a good rough lumber cart. So I decided before the rest showed up I better do something about it.
This is the cart that was the final result.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Toll'ja you guys use foreign language....
guys in the Canadian Army used that a lot...
we adapted it to fit the warfare equipment w/attitude we had...
they used it to describe their women...

#10 ·
Thanks Guys,
This was never designed to work off of. It was designed for stock coming out of the planer to be piled, and then brought back to start the process over.
I like to build at bench top height, I use a hydraulic scissor jack to lower projects to the floor or lift them to my bench.The height of this cart would kill my back to work off of. Lee I thought I had a lot of room but it is closing in around me 3000 SF.

You all have a blessed day, Todd

#14 ·
So far it works great Dan. I'm just not sure how well it is going to move with a heavy load on it. I still do not have my finished floor in my shop its just OSB now but it will be T & G hardwood flooring. even bigger wheels tend to roll hard on the OSB. But I am confident it will work fine now and better when I get my new floor in.
Have a blessed evening Dan, and some fun making dust, Todd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.