Router Forums - View Single Post - Spool cabinet and stand
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
xplorx4
Forum Contributor

First Name: Jerry

Default Spool cabinet and stand

On this one I can show the beginning on the Spool Cabinet. I picked both of these at a garage sale. The stand I just finished it is solid walnut except the top I did that with red oak vainer, I really wanted to go with white oak with a strip or two of the walnut for accent. Well as we all know money can sometimes put the skids to any plan. The stand I did not take before pics of so shame on me but at least you will see the Spool Cabinet as a before.

The Spool Cabinet has a decal of sorts on the back, it's about 4-5" in diameter. We finally figured out what is said, "J & P Coats" over the top and on the bottom was "Best Six Strand". After some investigation we found one on e-bay selling for over 300.00. It is circa 1890-1910 and would be found in a dry goods store for holding spools of thread.

Now if anyone knows any more or any different let me know cause I would like to get it all strait. When I start the Spool Cabinet I am sure I will be looking for some guidance. Some parts will have to be re fabricated. I plan to finish it and keep it someplace in the house
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corner table (3).JPG
Views:	124
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	17904  

Name:	corner table.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	17905  

Name:	corner table (2).JPG
Views:	95
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	17906  

Name:	spool cabinet.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	17907  

Name:	Spool Cabinet (2).JPG
Views:	131
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	17908  

Wisdom: Where experience and knowledge combine and become one.

"We are all one decision away from Stupid!!"

Lamentations 3:22-23

"How often we sacrifice the permanent plans of God on the altar of immediate solutions"

I have a very good memory, just short is all.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome