Router Forums banner

"What is it?" #103

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  reible 
#1 ·
Yes one of the things I have been doing is spending money. Way way to much money.....

OK, this mounts on something...... I just got it...... You can buy a nice router for the price these cost...... This fits the machine I have but if you had another **** *** it would still look a lot like this. Do you need more hints?????

For 100 points be the first one with the correct answer to what the heck this thing is and how it is used......

I will add an additional 25 points if you can tell me who makes it.... of course you have to be the first one with the correct answer to that too.

Ed

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
reds_21 said:
i am a rookie but im gonna guess. is this a band saw blade guide?? that thing that you adjust to the height of your wood. does it atleast belong to the bandsaw??

shawn
Yes this is an upgrade to my old Sears 113 series bandsaw. Last year I gave it new tires, this year new guides. I will also say that I paid more for these then I did for the orginal bandsaw (minus motor and stand)..... About $15 more..... I hope they will be worth it.

No one guessed the manufacturer yet so I will pay out the 100 points and leave the 25 for another day or so. If you know the answer please post and let us all know that you know!

Well if you are a rookie you are on the list for rookie of the year! And you are the
Winner!

#7 ·
reds_21 said:
Ed

awesome!!!! what exactly is the reason for someone to upgrade or replace these? how do they go bad or whts the deal with them? i don't have a band saw so i have no clue..............

shawn
On a band saw the blade needs to be held so it doesn't twist and to keep it from going to far back. To do this they have guide blocks, well at least in the case of the Sears model I have. These were metal and while you adjust them away from the blade by the thickness of a paper US dollar when you are cutting they rub on the blade. Years ago I replaced the metal ones with a stacked plastic type with a built in lub. This was a major improvement on several fronts.

I guess what I'm trying to do is get my old bandsaw to work as good as the new ones and this was another step in that direction. I would tell you the site to go and have a read but someone might still be trying to figure it out.

On that subject I'll give you a hint. The man in black had a wife and June ________ was her name. I know this was to much a hint but that is how it goes....

Ed

#8 ·
Shawn, most of the lower priced band saws have rectangle shaped wear bars to guide the blade through the cutting area. As you might guess, they don't work nearly as well as the roller bearings do.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.