Like us on Facebook! [Archive] - Router Forums

Like us on Facebook!

Admin
01-26-2016, 03:17 PM
http://img.verticalscope.com/facebook/auto-facebook-feature.png (https://www.facebook.com/RouterForums)

Get community news and updates in your Facebook feed.

See posts from around the forum you may have missed and keep up with your favourite community.

Like RouterForums.com on Facebook! (https://www.facebook.com/RouterForums)

Stick486
01-26-2016, 06:22 PM
will anything be all that different if you don't use or go near Facebook???

hawkeye10
01-26-2016, 06:27 PM
I like you all I need to right here. :wink:

TwoSkies57
01-26-2016, 06:29 PM
I like you all I need to right here. :wink:

ya beat me to it :grin: don't want it, don't need it..been doing just fine without it

vchiarelli
01-26-2016, 06:34 PM
I "liked" routerforums on facebook a while ago - the difference is that you will see other (non members) people post comments to the articles that appear.

Stick486
01-26-2016, 06:43 PM
I "liked" routerforums on facebook a while ago - the difference is that you will see other (non members) people post comments to the articles that appear.

Skynet comes to mind...

schnewj
01-26-2016, 06:44 PM
Sorry, ain't never gonna happen!

old55
01-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Never going to happen.

Stick486
01-26-2016, 07:06 PM
Sorry, ain't never gonna happen!

for something that has never happened an awful lot of spam w/ Facebook in the subject line shows up...

vchiarelli
01-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Gee folks, why all the hatred for facebook. It's not a one or the other. If you don't do facebook, no biggie and if you prefer the forum, great.
I'm on facebook - get to keep in touch with friends I haven't seen in person in years.
And my family has a family group - we use it to set up family events - sure beats a thousand emails floating around.

.... and if anyone here wants to look me up on facebook..... Vince Chiarelli

RainMan 2.0
01-26-2016, 08:09 PM
I joined Facebook out of necessity , as I had this guy from Florida help me figure out how to build my life size Terminator , source parts etc . So I joined as he wanted me to see his gallery with hs collection of statues , so it's the least I could do .

I don't know much about Facebook other than that . I hit the like button on Facebook when I was directed from the above link if it helps

old coasty
01-26-2016, 08:32 PM
Don't use it, Social Networks are an invitation to disaster.

Stick486
01-26-2016, 08:45 PM
face book seems to have become a utility...

Cherryville Chuck
01-26-2016, 08:48 PM
I`ve tried explaining to Cricket and Admin before that we don`t fit the profile they have in mind but I don`t think they get it. Or maybe they think they can make us change. Good luck with that. My wife hasn`t been able to do it in 40 years.

vchiarelli
01-26-2016, 09:04 PM
face book seems to have become a utility...

I`ve tried explaining to Cricket and Admin before that we don`t fit the profile they have in mind but I don`t think they get it. Or maybe they think they can make us change. Good luck with that. My wife hasn`t been able to do it in 40 years.

Stick: it is certainly an avenue that allows people to post anything and everything, from stupid cat pictures to heartwarming stories.
Some of the posts, however, are so riduculously off the wall that they make me cringe. However, as with some of the posts here, if it isn't my cup of tea, I stay out of the conversation.

Charles: there are 1213 facebook users that like Routerforums facebook page - wouldn't it be nice if those users became members of this forum. After all, there are woodworkers that live outside of this forum.

I just find it humourous when I read comments like, "not for me" or "I'll never do it". I betcha there was a time when those same comments were being made about a router forum. :grin:

Shop guy
01-26-2016, 09:21 PM
No Facebook. No way.

Stick486
01-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Skynet...

Cricket
01-26-2016, 10:34 PM

We have no desire to make anyone change. We like you just the way you are.

Facebook (for those who are already on there) is just another outlet for folks to keep updated with topics and projects on our site.

It also lets other woodworkers know that this is an amazing community.

marecat3
01-27-2016, 08:41 AM
Facebook is not that bad. It has reconnected me with people I went to grade school with. They live to far away to see so we chat there. I don't post that much and never anything very personal. lol

honesttjohn
01-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Wife's on it, but I'm not. Lot of dribble as far as I'm concerned. BUT..........I know Scottart says it helps on the business end of things.

HJ

Don't want to but may have to.

hawkeye10
01-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Gee folks, why all the hatred for facebook. It's not a one or the other. If you don't do facebook, no biggie and if you prefer the forum, great.
I'm on facebook - get to keep in touch with friends I haven't seen in person in years.
And my family has a family group - we use it to set up family events - sure beats a thousand emails floating around.

.... and if anyone here wants to look me up on facebook..... Vince Chiarelli

Vince I don't hate it I just don't like it.

Roy Drake
01-27-2016, 10:44 AM
I reluctantly got on Facebook 2-3 weeks ago to accommodate a classmate. Sometimes, it's great. Most times a lot of trash. I have had to work hard at filtering. I looked at it, but this site seems to better suit my needs for this forum. I will, however, look at the Facebook forum more so that I can make a more informed decision.

DaninVan
01-27-2016, 10:56 AM
If I had wanted 'to connect' with old Highschool classmates I would have done so years ago.
I figure they knew my name they would have contacted me by now. ;)

I have no use for social media...I hate big crowds.

vchiarelli
01-27-2016, 11:42 AM
If I had wanted 'to connect' with old Highschool classmates I would have done so years ago.
I figure they knew my name they would have contacted me by now. ;)

I have no use for social media...I hate big crowds.

I think your classmates took a vote and said "NO"

No wonder the guys want to raid your stash WHEN YOU'RE NOT THERE - you need a link to anti-social media :surprise:

tvman44
01-27-2016, 01:18 PM
I "liked it" but doubt I will ever use it. I prefer it here just fine. 0:)

Stick486
01-27-2016, 01:38 PM
I think your classmates took a vote and said "NO"

No wonder the guys want to raid your stash WHEN YOU'RE NOT THERE - you need a link to anti-social media :surprise:

you can get that on Facebook too...
https://www.facebook.com/originalantisocialmedia

RainMan 2.0
01-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Vince , my case worker told me that when your on the witness protection program , that Facebook isn't a great idea?

vchiarelli
01-27-2016, 02:04 PM
Vince , my case worker told me that when your on the witness protection program , that Facebook isn't a great idea?

Rick

Tell them you work for an insulation company - your identity will be safe

Stick486
01-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Rick

as installer...

DaninVan
01-27-2016, 02:53 PM
"I think your classmates took a vote and said "NO"
No wonder the guys want to raid your stash WHEN YOU'RE NOT THERE - you need a link to anti-social media "
-Vince

I contend that aggression is the default Human condition.
Been waiting 6 decades for evidence to the contrary... ;)
(I voted "NO" along with them!)

Heh...

vchiarelli
01-27-2016, 03:04 PM
DaninVan

Ha - now you're quoting Beatles' songs - priceless

TwoSkies57
01-27-2016, 03:13 PM
I'd spend more time working on making the RF a commercial success and less time worrying about facebook 'likes'....

just an opinion!

DaninVan
01-27-2016, 03:23 PM
DaninVan

Ha - now you're quoting Beatles' songs - priceless

Quite lovely up here, on my hill. 0:)

Stick486
01-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Quite lovely up here, on my hill. 0:)

that it is...

TwoSkies57
01-27-2016, 03:37 PM
ok, twist my arm:x

DaninVan
01-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Same area...close to where I slipped and gibbled my knee before New years.
(Same tree as the other pic)
I'm back hiking, just have to go around my hill for a couple more weeks. :(

Arcola60
01-27-2016, 04:13 PM
I tried it. It just does not appeal to me. I am still on it, but do not really logon much. Every time that I do I see the same people talking about the yummy steak that their wonderful hubby just cooked (with a picture). I am sorry, glad you loved it, move on. I like to call it Fakebook. Maybe I am too set in my ways. Either way I am OK to live my life without it. More peaceful without it. Just my opinion. I was joking and said " I don't even like people who like Facebook". I did this in person, I did not post it. Well someone took offense to it. So now I just stay out of it.

Stick486
01-27-2016, 06:06 PM
.yes I do...

DaninVan
01-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Problem with attachment fixed (Stick)

hawkeye10
01-27-2016, 07:15 PM
Rick

That is funny. :laugh2:

RainMan 2.0
01-27-2016, 07:55 PM
No Facebook. No way.

Yup , change is bad :)

DaninVan
01-27-2016, 07:55 PM
.yes I do...

That whole area was a mudbowl 20 years ago; clearcut.
The new owners hydroseeded it and now it's a healthy young mixed conifer forest. When we moved up here in '03 the trees were basically shrub like with lots of smallish Alders and Cherry, some Western Maple.
Now the Alder and Cherry are being starved by the teenage D. Firs and Hemlock...Mother Nature doing what she does best.

Stick486
01-27-2016, 08:33 PM
success story...
good to hear...

firstmuller
01-27-2016, 09:59 PM
I have a hard enough time working full time, doing the work around here, keeping up with this form, and tying to get some shop time so I will not sign up. I am not on face book at all.
Allen

RainMan 2.0
01-28-2016, 12:19 AM
I heard Facebook lost over 5000 sexual predators the week there stocks went public and people lost money

DaninVan
01-28-2016, 12:52 PM
I heard Facebook lost over 5000 sexual predators the week there stocks went public and people lost money

Who signs up for Facebook and says 'Hobbies: Sex Deviant'? :surprise:

schnewj
01-28-2016, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post

Who signs up for Facebook and says 'Hobbies: Sex Deviant'? :surprise:

Um! Give me another clue, all I'm seeing are the trees!:wink:

DaninVan
01-28-2016, 04:17 PM
Seriously, where's the connection between pervs and shareholders?

If I had to guess I'd suggest that the vast majority of shares are traded by High Frequency Trades, not average folks (like us), never mind "sexual predators".
High-Frequency Trading (HFT) Definition | Investopedia (http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/high-frequency-trading.asp)

If 5K questionable participants bailed out, maybe it had something to do with Facebook's snoopiness?
Facebook scans chats and posts for criminal activity - CNET (http://www.cnet.com/news/facebook-scans-chats-and-posts-for-criminal-activity/)

schnewj
01-28-2016, 05:58 PM
Facebook scans chats and posts for criminal activity - CNET (http://www.cnet.com/news/facebook-scans-chats-and-posts-for-criminal-activity/)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there is no privacy anymore. It is just an illusion. Most people don't even bother to read the EULA (End User License Agreement) when they accept software, access, or usage of anything on the net. If people to time to read, understand, and analyze what they are giving up it would scare the living bejesus out of them.

Not that what Facebook does hasn't probably prevented a lot of sickos from taking advantage but how much does it miss? In the meantime it probes into your life, and I would like to know how often it flags and fosters problems for innocent people.

RainMan 2.0
01-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Seriously, where's the connection between pervs and shareholders?

If I had to guess I'd suggest that the vast majority of shares are traded by High Frequency Trades, not average folks (like us), never mind "sexual predators".
High-Frequency Trading (HFT) Definition | Investopedia (http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/high-frequency-trading.asp)

If 5K questionable participants bailed out, maybe it had something to do with Facebook's snoopiness?
Facebook scans chats and posts for criminal activity - CNET (http://www.cnet.com/news/facebook-scans-chats-and-posts-for-criminal-activity/)

Jay Leno said it during his monologue back in 2012 . Not me lol

Gaffboat
01-28-2016, 08:40 PM
I don't post on facebook or tweet, I just shout out thoughts at random. So far I have two followers. I think they might be cops. :unsure:

DaninVan
01-29-2016, 03:04 AM
I don't post on facebook or tweet, I just shout out thoughts at random. So far I have two followers. I think they might be cops. :unsure:

That, or apprenticing acolytes ... :x

Stick486
01-29-2016, 03:21 AM
That, or apprenticing acolytes ... :x

not to them...

DaninVan
01-29-2016, 03:24 AM
Was it something Yoko said?... ;)

Stick486
01-29-2016, 03:28 AM
she lifted her arm...

she was in PB...
somebody said .. what do you think..
I said Hairy...

DaninVan
01-29-2016, 03:32 AM
she lifted her arm...

she was in PB...
somebody said .. what do you think..
I said Hairy...

Hairy krishna?

Stick486
01-29-2016, 03:41 AM
Hairy krishna?

south of that...

N'awlins77
02-07-2016, 09:49 AM
I'm with you Vince! I like FB too! Since joining, a few years back, I've hooked up with classmates from grade school, high school and the old neighborhood. Even had a grade school and neighborhood reunion (in person) thanks to FB. And it's also a cheap method to stay in touch with family that are far away!

DuanePhillips
05-25-2017, 06:38 AM
I liked It!

RainMan 2.0
05-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Well I logged in and clicked on the Like button . I thought it was the least I could do

gjackson52
05-25-2017, 02:21 PM
I am sorry so many seem to dislike Facebook. I am on it and it has helped me make friends with people that I would not normally meet. I see Facebook as it is what you make it.

Gary