Recently I was working in my garage sanding several wooden pieces for a project when a sandbelt was broken. Right away I took a replacement from the shelf but this broke almost immediately. I decided to repair both sandbelts using two different glues. The things are not available here lastly.
The first one was repaired wit CA glue but the results were a disappointment.
I turned to contac cement glue to repair the second piece. This time I used a piece of canvas as backup. Although the sandbelt worked to finish the job I think that something was wrong. This method was the better but not the best. The sandbelt is elongated more than the capacity my chinese machine is able to adjust for.
We, woodworkers are everywhere!!!