Framed wall canvas - Router Forums
 19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
papasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Venezuela
First Name: Alexis
Posts: 1,720
 
Send a message via Yahoo to papasombre
Default Framed wall canvas

Hi, guys.

When my daughter knew I will visit her in Miami she asked me a favor to bring her some framed wall canvases she had in her former apartment here. The problem was the size of those paints.
My wife removed the canvases from their original frames and we coiled them for a convenient transportation. I went to several hardware stores near my home to buy a piece of 3 inches pvc pipe but they were asking a lot of money. Then I visited a friend who has a printer business and he gave me a carton pipe 48 inches long. I cut it into two section and put the picture inside. No problems in customs.

At nights I used to work, with a Johnny Walker near by, making the new frames for the paints. Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	283298  

Attached Images
               
MEBCWD, marecat3, TenGees and 10 others like this.

We, woodworkers are everywhere!!!
papasombre is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Registered User
 
Rogerdodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Country: United Kingdom
First Name: Roger
Posts: 320
 
Default

Very ingenious, Alexis.

Been at sea most of my life and still all at sea now.



Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits .

(M Twain)
Rogerdodge is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Herb Stoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Herb
Posts: 7,340
 
Default

Good show, Alexis, were you able to take the tools back home with you?
I didn't know you could roll up the canvases, Those cardboard tubes were just what you needed.
How can you stand to be away from your Grand Daughter?
Herb
Herb Stoops is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Stick486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
First Name: Stick
Posts: 24,553
 
Default

excellent...

This would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
If only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick....
Forget the primal scream, just ROAR!!!
"SNORK Mountain Congressional Library and Taxidermy”
Stick486 is online now  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Official Greeter
 
old55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Australia
First Name: Ross
Posts: 6,529
 
Default

Very nice.

Ross,
Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia


Enjoy the knowledge of others that can be found within.

‘Members are requested to add a first name in their profile as we are a very friendly bunch here'.
old55 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 08:39 PM
Moderation Team
 
Cherryville Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
First Name: Charles
Posts: 14,859
 
Default

They look very nice on the walls. That is Sabrina? She's growing up quickly.

Someone I consider a master woodworker once told me that a master woodworker is not someone who never makes mistakes. He is someone who is able to cover them up so that no one can tell.
Cherryville Chuck is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 09:31 PM
Registered User
 
JOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
First Name: Theo
Posts: 6,000
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Stoops View Post
Good show, Alexis, were you able to take the tools back home with you?
I didn't know you could roll up the canvases, Those cardboard tubes were just what you needed.
How can you stand to be away from your Grand Daughter?
Herb
Yep, totally, and hope you can take the tools back too.

Herb, you need to get out more. When art thieves steal valuable paintings, they usually just cut them out of the frames, then roll them up. So it's very obvious. Alexis knew this, so it proves he obviously is an art thief.

"It ain't what you're told, it's what you know." - Granny Weatherwax
Some days, the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.
Call me a craftsman, artisan, or artistic, and I will accept that. Call me an artist and you will likely get a quite rude comment in return. I am not a @#$%ing artist.
JOAT is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Forum Contributor
 
DesertRatTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Tom
Posts: 15,579
 
Default

Nice solution, and nice art.

The more I do, the less I accomplish.
DesertRatTom is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:36 PM
Registered User
 
jj777746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Country: Australia
First Name: James
Posts: 3,703
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
Yep, totally, and hope you can take the tools back too.

Herb, you need to get out more. When art thieves steal valuable paintings, they usually just cut them out of the frames, then roll them up. So it's very obvious. Alexis knew this, so it proves he obviously is an art thief.
Wicked sense of humour Theo.lol

You can't drive a bridge spike with a tack hammer(so I'm told)
jj777746 is online now  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Registered User
 
jj777746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Country: Australia
First Name: James
Posts: 3,703
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasombre View Post
Hi, guys.

When my daughter knew I will visit her in Miami she asked me a favor to bring her some framed wall canvases she had in her former apartment here. The problem was the size of those paints.
My wife removed the canvases from their original frames and we coiled them for a convenient transportation. I went to several hardware stores near my home to buy a piece of 3 inches pvc pipe but they were asking a lot of money. Then I visited a friend who has a printer business and he gave me a carton pipe 48 inches long. I cut it into two section and put the picture inside. No problems in customs.

At nights I used to work, with a Johnny Walker near by, making the new frames for the paints. Here are some pictures.
Nice work Alexis,good job.

You can't drive a bridge spike with a tack hammer(so I'm told)
jj777746 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To insulate or not too Insulate Pawoodsman DIY and Renovation 36 01-21-2017 11:40 AM
The Basic Wall Cabinet MT Stringer Project Plans and How To 15 04-05-2015 04:57 PM
Wall Unit/Bookcase project richjh Show N' Tell 16 07-08-2014 07:39 PM
Alcove Entertainment wall desk & cabinets gwizz Show N' Tell 30 05-21-2013 05:16 AM
Wall Posters istracpsboss Router Bits - Types and Usage 8 01-31-2012 01:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome