Nice job,,,,I have a question for you ,has your cheese slipped off your cracker ?
but I like your over the top air system setup
You only saw the cheese?? You missed the salami, pastrami and *especially* the bologna (baloney)!! :->
Yea, it's probably "over the top". The minor additional justifications for it are:
* I "get" to swap the summer to winter tires on the 2 cars for my parents, two for my wife's parents, our two cars twice a year and usually one of the parent's friends cars. Inevitably at least one of the cars had the tires last attached by some 16yo tire jockey whose idea of torquing lug nuts is to stretch the studs as far as their big rattle gun (impact wrench) will take them. I use a rattle gun to remove them but a torque wrench to re-apply. I've got a 4' "cheater bar" I often need to use on the end of my breaker bar to bust the nuts loose. When choosing this, I decided "never again"; I'll keep working up the air pressure until the nut comes off or the stud breaks.
* I wanted the capacity for a 6" pneumatic air sander
* I wanted the dry air for a HVLP gun.
* Many here know I'm an engineer but not so many know that I'm an electrical engineer whose focus is designing control and safety shutdown systems for petroleum production in remote (ultra-cold Arctic) Alaska. These systems are permutations of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems whose instrument air must be water-free to -70F (-57C). I've used this personal "science project" to better understand my "book learning" on compressed air treatment.
* My 19yo son is studying EE in college and will be taking Thermodynamics this next year. Rather than have him approach it from a purely theoretical approach as most students do, I wanted him to have it tied to reality. Working with me on this he got to see the moisture issue, help build the air-to-air heat exchanger, saw the air line cooling and resulting condensation. I hope this will then let him see the real-world value of the class and ground his studies in reality.
Those are the minor justifications.. The major one is just because I wanted it.
Ever buy or build something just because you wanted to do it? <g>