My shed needed a new roof, and I decided to try my hand on installing a steel roof. I figured it would be the last time I have to roof it shingle roofs only last around 7 to 10 years here. It turned into a bigger job than I planned, there was a lot more dry rot than I thought.
Took me longer than I thought also, being a member of the older generation, and having a couple of spacers and 8 screws in my back, torn knee ligaments, etc. etc. so I had to space out the work.
Removed old roofing, and found dry rot on both overhangs and 3 rafters.
Removing dry rot sections, and rafters.
Dry rot plywood and rafters repaired.
Had problems walking to ridge to install cap with out slipping so I made a jig/fixture to clamp to the fascia and then used my 6 foot ladder on the roof to get to the ridge.
Close up of the fixture, it worked great and it didn't deform any of the panel overhang.
All done, my back is sore, my knee is sore, and I'm basically beat up but its done. Don't think I'll be doing another one any time soon... LOL
I also changed from roof vents to gable vents
Not too bad for an old Fart ;-)
Next is run power to the shed, add insulation, and inside walls (going to use OSB instead of drywall)