What's the best way to remove dust from the air while using a 5" ROS?
I just got a new Bosch ROS, which is really good ... but it's clear that the filter that came with it doesn't filter enough dust out of the air. I do have a 1-1/2 hp dust collector with cyclone, but haven't connected this ROS to it.
1. connect the ROS to the existing dust collector. ($25 or so for the hose & fittings)
2. use a downdraft table, connected to the existing dust collector ($100 or so for the parts)
3. use a big hood, connected to the existing dust collector ($40 for the parts)
4. buy a new shop vac style dust collector, and connect the ROS to it ($125 or so for the shop vac and fittings)
5. buy a high-end shop vac style dust collector and connect the ROS to it ($400 for the shop vac, $15 for the fittings)
6. install an air filtration system
7. continue to wear a dust mask and frustrate the Mrs. (infinite cost)
I'm leaning towards # 2, but welcome your advice.
I have a 2-car garage workshop, and am primarily making cutting boards and other household items right now. I am generating too much dust that's not captured by the existing system, so I need a solution.