Craftsman #17543 - PC style bushings? - Router Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Joe
Posts: 32
 
Default Craftsman #17543 - PC style bushings?

I just learned a guy at work has 2 new boxed routers than I can pick up from him for $50 each or $90 for the 2 kits. He took to the cabin and never opened and now says they go to a new home.

Question I got for you guru's here - do these use the PC style guide bushings? I have a couple of sets of these and if they work I think I'll grab these 2 router kits at this price - heck, he even added the 2 years extended warranty so that'd take me out 2 years and 11 months.

Thanks for info - and FYI - I called 2 Sears stores and the guys had no clue what I was talking about. New trainee day I think
Rooky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi Joe

Yes the PC type of guides bushings work in the Craftsman routers.
Good price on the routers jump on that one..

=========


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooky View Post
I just learned a guy at work has 2 new boxed routers than I can pick up from him for $50 each or $90 for the 2 kits. He took to the cabin and never opened and now says they go to a new home.

Question I got for you guru's here - do these use the PC style guide bushings? I have a couple of sets of these and if they work I think I'll grab these 2 router kits at this price - heck, he even added the 2 years extended warranty so that'd take me out 2 years and 11 months.

Thanks for info - and FYI - I called 2 Sears stores and the guys had no clue what I was talking about. New trainee day I think



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Joe
Posts: 32
 
Default

Thanks Bob for the speedy reply !!!! --- I'm making the call to snatch them now.
Rooky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Joe
Posts: 32
 
Default

No clue as to how they will hold up over the years but ran one and played with the fixed and plunge bases for an hour or so. Really like the plunge and overall at $45 a kit (got both for $90) with almost 3 years of warranty I don't know how I could be disappointed.

Thanks again for the info earlier Bob - if I would have waited to long I bet he would have sold as he had 9 "I wants" within 2 hours of the word getting out.
I got lucky for once - usually I miss out on these deals.
Rooky is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
First Name: John
Posts: 3,046
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooky View Post
No clue as to how they will hold up over the years but ran one and played with the fixed and plunge bases for an hour or so. Really like the plunge and overall at $45 a kit (got both for $90) with almost 3 years of warranty I don't know how I could be disappointed.

Thanks again for the info earlier Bob - if I would have waited to long I bet he would have sold as he had 9 "I wants" within 2 hours of the word getting out.
I got lucky for once - usually I miss out on these deals.
Nice catch guy...

John Schaben

The problem with experience is I usually get it immediately after I need it.
jschaben is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

HI Joe

Your welcome
I think you will like them I have 7 of them the oldest is about 4 years old and runs just like brand new still

=========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooky View Post
No clue as to how they will hold up over the years but ran one and played with the fixed and plunge bases for an hour or so. Really like the plunge and overall at $45 a kit (got both for $90) with almost 3 years of warranty I don't know how I could be disappointed.

Thanks again for the info earlier Bob - if I would have waited to long I bet he would have sold as he had 9 "I wants" within 2 hours of the word getting out.
I got lucky for once - usually I miss out on these deals.



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Joe
Posts: 32
 
Default @Bob ---

I have another need to pick your brain

I ran both motors and ate up a lot of LF of maple shavings last night doing some counter tops. I usually used my old PC 693 in the past for this but new toys-new day thing.
Like most routers I have used before these can get a bit tipsy due to size. To me anyway it feels that way. Did you buy/make an offset base for yours? If you bought one - do you recall from where? I cannot seem to locate one from anywhere, including Pat warners site.
Thanks once again - and thanks once again for saying grab them. I really like them and for the money I can't see a thing out there that seems to be close in value.
Rooky is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi

I got the one below but you need to drill it out for the Craftsman router but that's not a big deal...
On-Point Universal Laser Guided Router Plate

=======



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooky View Post
I have another need to pick your brain

I ran both motors and ate up a lot of LF of maple shavings last night doing some counter tops. I usually used my old PC 693 in the past for this but new toys-new day thing.
Like most routers I have used before these can get a bit tipsy due to size. To me anyway it feels that way. Did you buy/make an offset base for yours? If you bought one - do you recall from where? I cannot seem to locate one from anywhere, including Pat warners site.
Thanks once again - and thanks once again for saying grab them. I really like them and for the money I can't see a thing out there that seems to be close in value.



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Joe
Posts: 32
 
Default At Bob (again)

kinda slick looking and the video sold me on it. lol
So I get the #3 then - or do they have a blank one that I pre-drill instead? My first thought is that a #3 might have the pre-drilled holes close to what I would need to drill and hate to blow a hole out if they real close.
Promise ya - this is my last question.........not
thanks Bob
Rooky is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi Joe

Not to sure about a blank one you many need to call them about that but the one I got was fine..
I have a PC mounded on it now but here's a snapshot of it, see below..but I switch routers all the time..
You will also see a 1/4" thick plastic ring that is press into place so I can use the brass guides as well with it..

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooky View Post
kinda slick looking and the video sold me on it. lol
So I get the #3 then - or do they have a blank one that I pre-drill instead? My first thought is that a #3 might have the pre-drilled holes close to what I would need to drill and hate to blow a hole out if they real close.
Promise ya - this is my last question.........not
thanks Bob


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0057.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	43373  


"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097



Last edited by bobj3; 04-12-2011 at 09:27 PM.
bobj3 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sticking bit for Craftsman style door? cagenuts Router Bits - Types and Usage 2 07-19-2010 12:44 AM
Old Craftsman router base and bushings tbnaylor Guide Bushings and Templates 10 03-10-2010 05:47 AM
Craftsman 17543 2hp Fixed & Plunge Combo Follow Up austin870 General Routing 17 01-31-2010 02:32 PM
PC style bushings in Woodpecker plates the_nite_owl Guide Bushings and Templates 2 01-11-2010 12:22 PM
Router guide bushings for craftsman 26620 ChuckG General Routing 2 10-12-2008 02:48 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome