Triton TRA001 Compatible Base for Template guide? - Router Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
adam.luna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Adam
Posts: 18
 
Default Triton TRA001 Compatible Base for Template guide?

Hello!

I'm new here, I'm sorry If I'm double posting... but Can't seem to find an answer for my dilemma. I just bought a TRA001 from my local Rockler here in Denver, CO. And actually got a sweet deal for it, end up paying $250 for it.
Anyway.. I want to use it with my Leigh Dovetail jig D4, and cant seem to find a compatible or match router base that could handle the Porter Cable type bushings...
Any help is really greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have a great wood smelling day!
adam.luna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Amazon.com: Milescraft 1201 Base Plate / Bushing Set for Routers: Home Improvement

==

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.luna View Post
Hello!

I'm new here, I'm sorry If I'm double posting... but Can't seem to find an answer for my dilemma. I just bought a TRA001 from my local Rockler here in Denver, CO. And actually got a sweet deal for it, end up paying $250 for it.
Anyway.. I want to use it with my Leigh Dovetail jig D4, and cant seem to find a compatible or match router base that could handle the Porter Cable type bushings...
Any help is really greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have a great wood smelling day!



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
adam.luna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Adam
Posts: 18
 
Default

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the quick response, but do you think that router base will fit the huge TRA001?

Thanks again
adam.luna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Yes,it's a 7" diam. plate

===

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.luna View Post
Hey Bob,

Thanks for the quick response, but do you think that router base will fit the huge TRA001?

Thanks again



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
adam.luna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Adam
Posts: 18
 
Default

Thanks! I will try to find it locally today!
adam.luna is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
adam.luna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Adam
Posts: 18
 
Default

Bob thanks again for the help! I went to my local woodcraft and just before I picked up my router plate I decided to check in the Clearence section and found the TGA001 20% off and decided to buy it instead and also found a JOF001 usually $179 for $99 so I decided to buy it too. Now I can't wait to start doing dovetails with them.
adam.luna is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Australia
First Name: Mal
Posts: 125
 
Default

Now you are back to square one, you have a TR with the guide set including an adaptor for PC style guides and a batch of imperial guides, plus a JOF that won't take the TR series guides to the best of my knowledge, (don't have a JOF to try though).

The TR is way to big and heavy for a jig like the D series, the JOF is quite nice for the jig, but how to do the guides.

I know that Leigh do an adaptor for the TR and MOF to PC style guides and their own Ebushes etc, but haven't used one so I am not sure if it would fit the JOF or whether it is dependant on the TGA kit mounting system.
malb is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
First Name: John
Posts: 3,046
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malb View Post
Now you are back to square one, you have a TR with the guide set including an adaptor for PC style guides and a batch of imperial guides, plus a JOF that won't take the TR series guides to the best of my knowledge, (don't have a JOF to try though).

The TR is way to big and heavy for a jig like the D series, the JOF is quite nice for the jig, but how to do the guides.

I know that Leigh do an adaptor for the TR and MOF to PC style guides and their own Ebushes etc, but haven't used one so I am not sure if it would fit the JOF or whether it is dependant on the TGA kit mounting system.
The Milescraft plate is the solution to the whole thing. I put one on my JOF. The way the JOF is made, it is very difficult to put a PC style bushing in without compromising the dust collection. The Turnlock bushing system was the solution.

John Schaben

The problem with experience is I usually get it immediately after I need it.
jschaben is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
adam.luna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Adam
Posts: 18
 
Default

Thanks John! it did seem like a really nice system specially being able to use the PC bushings... I think I will still get it sometime and try it.

Thanks!
adam.luna is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Triton TRA001 Router Raizer Installation Instructions Geordie99 Table-mounted Routing 5 06-25-2014 12:47 AM
Inlay Guide Bushing and base plate Doyle Portable Routing 3 06-07-2007 09:25 PM
Template Guide Kit & Universal Base shopguy Starting Off 2 01-19-2007 01:20 PM
Guide Bushings for Oak Park Base Plate Jim B General Routing 5 12-07-2005 09:39 AM
Question: Sub Base Plate and guide bushings 46_trap General Routing 3 04-17-2005 07:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome