I use the Katie jig, no rules just pop the bit in the router table or you can use your hand router as well ,and make the all parts for drawers/boxes in about 2 mins.or less.. New Katie Jig w/Bars-Sommerfeld's Tools For Wood Organic Half-Blind Dovetail Katie Jig Plate-Sommerfeld's Tools For Wood Box Joint Tuning Forks-Sommerfeld's Tools For Wood Katie Jig Forks-Sommerfeld's Tools For Wood
Just a note ...You can make your own very easy and cheap.
so to say you don't need to put out 240.oo bucks for one.
" Dovetail jigs are like soft drinks-there are so many choices that selecting one for your shop can be tough.
To make this process simpler for you, here are eight great reasons why the Katie Jig is your best bet:
1. No complicated assembly-Just take it out of the box and use it immediately. No alignment.
2. No lengthy manual to read-Just a few pages of clear, easy-to-follow directions show you how to use the jig to achieve professional results.
3. Only one set-up necessary to cut pins & tails-All other dovetail jigs need two set-ups to complete both parts of a joint.
4. Hand-held or router table operations-Works equally well using either method of operation.
5. The perfect glue gap of .006"-010"-between pins & tails is produced by matched bits & guides.
6. Hassel-free variable spacing-Just choose your guide/tuning for positions and go to work.
Even use different thickness boards
with no ill effects.
7. Handles stock up to 12" wide-more than wide enouh for all but the latest projects.
Quality constructions ensures unwavering precision and long-term durability.
While many dovetail/box joint jigs are made of steel rods or bars (poor choices for precison), the Katie Jig uses rigid, engineered extrusions that are manufactured to + .002 tolerances, from high quality aluminum...then gold anodized for lasting dependability.
These super-rigid extrusions and close tolerances make the Katie Jig virtually vibration-proof and enable it to maintain the .006"-.010" pin/tail glue gap clearances that result in perfect, tight-fitting joints...Every time!
Set Includes: Pre-assembled Jig w/ *(9) 5/8" dovetail guide/tuning forks * (2) edge stops * 7/16" Dovetail Router Bit * 5/8" Pattern Bit * 5/32" Allen Wrench * Written Instructions. "