Well it's been some time since I was here, I did manage to use the router to cut the tapers on the axles. There is also a shoulder that has a different center, I was able to rough that up as well. After both were cut, there was a fair amount of hand work to blend the two together, I ended up using a belt sander and a rasp which worked out well. The problem with doing this all by hand was the fact that the ends have to fit inside a cast iron end piece. Using my crude methods at least gave me an equal starting point for all four axle ends. Originally they would have mixed up some lead and linseed oil as a paste to fill in any voids, I'll be choosing fiberglass and resin. Still have to do some final fitting and cleanup but it'll work. I know it isn't furniture but the axle ends have to hold up a wagon that probably weighs in around 1000 pounds, it will be used also so I had to make sure it was a good as I was able to make it.