My artificial intelligence computer - Router Forums
 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
JOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
First Name: Theo
Posts: 6,468
 
Default My artificial intelligence computer

That's the only thing I can figure why my computer is doing some of things it has been doing. Damn thing has developed artificial intelligence. It's always been a bit off, ever since I got it, but now it's going ape on me. A few days a go, it would bounce me up and down the page I was on, even if I wasn't touching the keyboard. Last night the comic strips I read took about an hour or more to read, versus maybe half hour. Now I think it has turned on the paternal controls, because I am not able to get to several sites. And I can't find the paternal controls to check that. Or it has simply locked me out, which may be, because on Internet Explorer I can log on no problem. I think I may have to get a different computer. Drat. Just now it moved the cursor from where I was typing, to the top of the page, without me even touching the keys. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating.

I need some links to free malware. Two compters ago my younger son put some on my then computer, and it worked much better than bought malware. But he never would tell me what he put on, and can't get in touch with him. But even if I did, he would likely tell me he was too busy to tell me. Bah.

"It ain't what you're told, it's what you know." - Granny Weatherwax
Fawkahwe tribal police SWAT Team
Some days, the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.
.....Call me a craftsman, artisan, or artistic, and I will accept that. Call me an artist and you will likely get a quite rude comment in return. I am not a @#$%ing artist.
JOAT is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:01 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Herb Stoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Herb
Posts: 7,751
 
Default

Hmmmmm call the roofer , I think it has the Shingles.
Herb
Herb Stoops is online now  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Stick486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
First Name: Stick
Posts: 26,980
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Stoops View Post
Hmmmmm call the roofer , I think it has the Shingles.
Herb
or rotorooter..
it's backed up...
MT Stringer and TenGees like this.

This would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
If only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick....
Forget the primal scream, just ROAR!!!
"SNORK Mountain Congressional Library and Taxidermy”
Stick486 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:46 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Herb Stoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Herb
Posts: 7,751
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
That's the only thing I can figure why my computer is doing some of things it has been doing. Damn thing has developed artificial intelligence. It's always been a bit off, ever since I got it, but now it's going ape on me. A few days a go, it would bounce me up and down the page I was on, even if I wasn't touching the keyboard. Last night the comic strips I read took about an hour or more to read, versus maybe half hour. Now I think it has turned on the paternal controls, because I am not able to get to several sites. And I can't find the paternal controls to check that. Or it has simply locked me out, which may be, because on Internet Explorer I can log on no problem. I think I may have to get a different computer. Drat. Just now it moved the cursor from where I was typing, to the top of the page, without me even touching the keys. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating.

I need some links to free malware. Two compters ago my younger son put some on my then computer, and it worked much better than bought malware. But he never would tell me what he put on, and can't get in touch with him. But even if I did, he would likely tell me he was too busy to tell me. Bah.
Download and Run these and you will see a difference. both have free versions


https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

https://www.ccleaner.com/
Herb
Herb Stoops is online now  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 05:34 AM
Registered User
 
vchiarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
First Name: Vince
Posts: 3,456
 
Default

I've been using the free version of Malwarebytes for years - good product.

Some folks call me Vince - other folks call me...........
vchiarelli is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 06:17 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Stick486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
First Name: Stick
Posts: 26,980
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Stoops View Post
Download and Run these and you will see a difference. both have free versions


https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

https://www.ccleaner.com/
Herb
the IT dude speaks...
cool...
graeme.c.payne likes this.

This would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
If only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick....
Forget the primal scream, just ROAR!!!
"SNORK Mountain Congressional Library and Taxidermy”
Stick486 is online now  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:39 AM
Registered User
 
roxanne562001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Roxanne
Posts: 1,411
 
Default

I am with Herb run malwarebytes and CC cleaner both have free versions and work well for me.
Herb Stoops likes this.
roxanne562001 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:33 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Country: United States
First Name: Quenten
Posts: 502
 
Default

What computer & operating system are you running?
Tonto1 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:14 PM
Moderation Team
 
MT Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 5,680
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick486 View Post
or rotorooter..
it's backed up...
+1 What Stick said.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
MT Stringer is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
JOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
First Name: Theo
Posts: 6,468
 
Default

Thanks Herb. I'll give that a shot after a bit. Too mind weary just now to even try.

Computer is HP laptop, with Windows 10. Operating system? I turn it on and hope it works - as you can see, I am no Ralph Jobs.

Well, now every time I come here, full page. Have to punch CTRL and - buttons, to view the recent discussions. But now it lets me access the sites it wouldn't before. I think the artificial intelligence of this thing is about at a 10 yo level. I really need to get back in the shop, and off this thing so much.

"It ain't what you're told, it's what you know." - Granny Weatherwax
Fawkahwe tribal police SWAT Team
Some days, the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.
.....Call me a craftsman, artisan, or artistic, and I will accept that. Call me an artist and you will likely get a quite rude comment in return. I am not a @#$%ing artist.
JOAT is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer to run CNC router table RainMan 2.0 CNC Routing 44 04-14-2017 08:22 PM
Moving AlphaCAM Tool Settings (profiles) to new computer seipcr CNC Routing 5 03-08-2014 07:46 AM
For Any Computer Wiz Kids Al Robins Lobby 11 12-30-2009 03:16 PM
any computer gurus out there? reds_21 Lobby 14 11-15-2005 09:18 AM
Computer Error ejant Lobby 4 09-24-2004 08:39 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome