I'm a pretty newb to routers, I only use mine to forward ports, or change settings when applications/processes ask for it - basically dealing with stuff as it comes up.
I actually registered here because I wanted advice for an alternative of my bt home hub2 (horrible thing). But I'm not sure I visited the right place, this looks more like a tinkers workshop
Anyway, if someone is kind enough to suggest an alternative to me I'd be infinitely grateful.
I'm looking for something that fits these criteria:
- Using netbook and PC on router (one wired one wireless)
- purpose of gaming, downloading/uploading. bthomehub2 is "ok" I would like it better of course, but the speeds are alright.
- problem: bugs, particularly with port forwarding.
- I would like a router where I can play with ports the way I want to.
and obviously generally good security is important.
- shouldnt be too costy, just for myself after all.