The end is near for Oak Park - Router Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Jerry
Posts: 34
 
Send a message via MSN to jerrag
Unhappy The end is near for Oak Park

Hi, I don't know if anyone has posted about this but Oak Park is going out of the router business.

They have most of their stuff marked way down, I just ordered a router mount plate for a table I am building for 19 bucks also got the measuring bars that they use on the program for 19 bucks. Quite a savings but the inventory is getting down there many products are sold out now but there are many great bargains if you have the money. Dang wish I had more funds, I do have a laptop for sale on Ebay, that money may well go for more stuff with Oak Park. I was very disappointed that the workshop table kit was sold out.

Anyhow go to their web catalog and check out what is left before it is to late and you have to give yourself a head slap like I did when I went to order the table kit!
jerrag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Bargains Finder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: United States
First Name: Tommy
Posts: 770
 
Tommyt654 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
First Name: John
Posts: 3,046
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrag View Post
Hi, I don't know if anyone has posted about this but Oak Park is going out of the router business.

They have most of their stuff marked way down, I just ordered a router mount plate for a table I am building for 19 bucks also got the measuring bars that they use on the program for 19 bucks. Quite a savings but the inventory is getting down there many products are sold out now but there are many great bargains if you have the money. Dang wish I had more funds, I do have a laptop for sale on Ebay, that money may well go for more stuff with Oak Park. I was very disappointed that the workshop table kit was sold out.

Anyhow go to their web catalog and check out what is left before it is to late and you have to give yourself a head slap like I did when I went to order the table kit!
I was getting ready to order some of the large guides but they don't have any lock rings for them
Will the Lee Valley lock rings work??? anyone?

John Schaben

The problem with experience is I usually get it immediately after I need it.
jschaben is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi John

Yes and No, it's long shot..you know how Oak Park likes propitiatory items..same size but the pitch can be off a little bit some times..
It's your money but I would stick with someone with both parts...sometimes a deal can bite you hard in the pocket


====

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschaben View Post
I was getting ready to order some of the large guides but they don't have any lock rings for them
Will the Lee Valley lock rings work??? anyone?



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097



Last edited by bobj3; 01-10-2012 at 04:41 PM.
bobj3 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Retired Moderator
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 11,921
 
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike
Default

John, if you want to order the guide bushings from Oak Park the Lee Valley lock rings should work but no worries; I have an extra ring.

Mike
"Living in the D" (this means Detroit!)
"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Last edited by Mike; 01-10-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Mike is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered User
 
TWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Tom
Posts: 1,864
 
Default

John, I have the Oak Park set including the lock ring, and I have the Lee Valley set including the lock ring. I am certain that I have used them interchangeably. I think you should have no problems

I Want to Be the Person My Poodles Believe I Am
The RouterForums member formerly known as mftha or th-alton
"Teach your children what we have taught ours, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. Man did not weave the web of life; he is merely a strand in it. We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children."
-attributed to Chief Seattle of the Native American Suquamish Tribe
  • Wood working, especially router work is too much fun to let "disabilities" get in the way.
  • see MEBCWD's signature line; be certain brain is properly powered up and engaged
TWheels is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
First Name: John
Posts: 3,046
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mftha View Post
John, I have the Oak Park set including the lock ring, and I have the Lee Valley set including the lock ring. I am certain that I have used them interchangeably. I think you should have no problems
thanks for the input guys.

John Schaben

The problem with experience is I usually get it immediately after I need it.
jschaben is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ski question os smoothing end grain, bit, speed, etc TanOak Portable Routing 4 11-07-2010 09:03 AM
end on end dovetails brook trout New Member Introductions 2 10-03-2010 01:11 AM
End Mills vs.Rrouter Bits For Mortising. Gaia Router Bits - Types and Usage 8 07-03-2010 12:37 PM
Mounting an Oak Park Box Jig on Non Oak Park Table challagan Project Plans and How To 55 06-17-2009 10:18 PM
Oak Park table old folks Table-mounted Routing 4 08-07-2007 11:08 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome