Another home project completed...
OK this one wasn't as involved as the bathroom remodel, but the main part of it is done. My family room needed new flooring and doors replaced. That room is on a slab. It had a combination of linoleum and 9x9 tile that I *suspect* might contain asbestos. Rather than get involved in asbestos removal I laid a new floating floor over the whole shebang. (After first checking all of the existing flooring to make sure it was tightly adhered.)
Tha new floor is CORK! Holy cow this stuff is nice. It comes prefinished but the manufacturer suggests coating the entire floor with water based polyurethane once it's all installed. Especially in rooms (like mine) where you have an entrance door with people coming in with wet or snowy boots or shoes.
A few coats of Varathane (satin) later... the floor is in. There are 5 doors in this room and I replaced 4 of them. The basement door now closes and LATCHES and it hasn't done that since we moved in 13 years ago ... hehehe.
I just have to put in all the new base moldings and trim out the doors and next weekend I can start bringing the furniture back in. It seems a bit odd that ALL of the other water-based poly products for floors wanted you to stay off it completely for 24 hours and no rugs or furniture for 7 full days.
The Varathane says you can have "light traffic" after 24 hours and return to normal use in 3 days. We're dealing with having the family room in the living room, except the couch and loveseat which are out in the attached garage. I think I can wait a few days to be sure the heavy furniture (one piece is a 60" oak roll top desk) doesn't mark up the new finish.