Contests - Router Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
Semipro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United States
First Name: John_*
Posts: 6,473
 
Default Contests

We are down to the wire people YOU need to get your entry in now.

IF WE WANT TO HAVE MORE CONTESTS YOU NEED TO SHOW MORE INTEREST!
Cricket and the Moderators have worked hard to get this contest we would like to see more
Semipro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
First Name: Jerry
Posts: 2,645
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro View Post
We are down to the wire people YOU need to get your entry in now.

IF WE WANT TO HAVE MORE CONTESTS YOU NEED TO SHOW MORE INTEREST!
Cricket and the Moderators have worked hard to get this contest we would like to see more
I think the contest is a great idea but, IMHO, the vast majority of the members do not feel qualified to compete with the pros. But that is no reason to not have contests, it allow member to see what the big boys can accomplish and I for one like to see their work, but I'm just not in their league. It's not so much a lack of interest as it is the broad range of experience among such a diverse level of experience among the members.

Jerry
Jerry Bowen is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
Semipro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United States
First Name: John_*
Posts: 6,473
 
Default

Well Jerry the idea behind this contest is the story not so much the project, we are interested what made it special to you ( everybody has a story )
I for one and believe the other Moderator understand that we have different degrees of talent here.
We just tried to get a contest up and running quickly ,if you or other have ideas for a contest please let us know
But if we do not show enough interest to the administration here there may not be another contest I honestly believe we could have a lot fun with these contests

Last edited by Semipro; 08-21-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Semipro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Moderation Team
 
Cherryville Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
First Name: Charles
Posts: 15,118
 
Default

You've done some good looking projects Jerry and remember that this contest has 2 elements, the job you did and the reason for it.

Someone I consider a master woodworker once told me that a master woodworker is not someone who never makes mistakes. He is someone who is able to cover them up so that no one can tell.
Cherryville Chuck is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
First Name: Jerry
Posts: 2,645
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro View Post
Well Jerry the idea behind this contest is the story not so much the project, we are interested what made it special to you ( everybody has a story )
I for one and believe the other Moderator understand that we have different degrees of talent here.
We just tried to get a contest up and running quickly ,if you or other have ideas for a contest please let us know
But if we do not show enough interest to the administration here there may not be another contest I honestly believe we could have a lot fun with these contests
John,
Maybe I'm one of the few that did not understand the emphasis on the story. If that point was misunderstood like I misunderstood, then it may need to be cleared up and we would get more participation. I sure missed the point, something to think about maybe. Like you said, we all have stories which to me at least sheds a whole new light on the contest.

Jerry
Jerry Bowen is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Registered User
 
MikeMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 1,031
 
Default

One suggestion for future contests. Post them in the lobby as well as the News & Feedback area. I feel that posts that go into just the News & Feedback section often get missed as it is a section that everyone may not look at closely.

-Mike
Visit my woodworking blog: http://madermadeit.com/
MikeMa is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Registered User
 
whimsofchaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
First Name: Chuck
Posts: 277
 
Default

What contest?
whimsofchaz is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
Semipro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United States
First Name: John_*
Posts: 6,473
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsofchaz View Post
What contest?
Check here. http://www.routerforums.com/routerfo...t-contest.html
Semipro is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Clay
Posts: 575
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bowen View Post
I think the contest is a great idea but, IMHO, the vast majority of the members do not feel qualified to compete with the pros. But that is no reason to not have contests, it allow member to see what the big boys can accomplish and I for one like to see their work, but I'm just not in their league. It's not so much a lack of interest as it is the broad range of experience among such a diverse level of experience among the members.

Jerry
I understand what you are saying, but I put one of my simple projects that meant a lot to me.
I also think that it a reason some people do not participate, they think they will be judged for their work, NOT TRUE.
We all started some where, AND I still learn from newbies, because they thing out side the box.
fire65 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forum Contests Mark Site Help and Suggestions 29 07-26-2010 08:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome