There are many well-circulated quips about pleasure boats:
1. A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into!
2. There's no such thing as "the perfect boat" (i.e. different
boats for different activities)
3. Happiest two days in a boater's life... when he acquires his first boat;
when he gets rid of his last one.
Here's some of my thoughts
1. Woodworking is similar... I'm always buying new tools and machines.
2. There's no such thing as a "perfect router."
3. I love my tools... hardly ever let one go. Quite a few stolen, though.
I had boats for years; finally gave the last one away... no boat now! Yea!
And a question ...
Which is generally the more expensive hobby over a long period of time?