I just picked up one of these to heat my workshop/garage. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...35A&lpage=none
Now, the instructions give the usual warnings about propane and use in occupied dwellings etc. But my questions is this, I only intend to use the heater to take the chill out the garage for maybe 10 minutes before I get going. I would not dream of using it whilst creating dust, or using solvents/ varnishing etc.
Even though we've had temps in the low teens this year, the coldest I saw in the garage was 46, so it really is just to warm the air a little.
Are these safe for that kind of use, I mean, I don't want to pass out from CO poisoning, The shop is approx 18x18 with a 7' ceiling, so for 5-10 minutes, the there should be enough fresh air right?
Second and more serious is the propane itself. I live in a town house, so I don't have outside storage. Currently I keep the propane tank on the BBQ outside. Clearly it would have to be inside to use the heater. I'm not keen on that. I allready keep about a gallon of gas for the snow blower/ mower in the garage.
I was thinking maybe about a "deck box" type thing to keep the gas/propane in, clearly safer I know, but will the gas be ok, kept cold in the winter? I'd have to bring it into the garage in summer I guess, it would get too hot out there in summer.
I know electric heat would be best, but I have limited supply(only a 100A for the house) and at present I have one, yes one Skt in the shop.
Next project is new Skts and lighting.
So, can I use this heater safely, or should I take it back?